The Gaelic Football Thread

If both are at their peak Comer to me is better than Clifford as he is more likely to get goals Backed Galway after they beat us in the league Comer gave Meehan a torrid time that night before Meehan came off injured.
I see your logic - Comer v Meehan/Cork has looked far more impressive than Clifford v Meehan/Cork but it's a false logic as Cork no longer are the benchmark unfortunately.
Clifford v Meehan/Cork in a C'ship knockout game in Croke Park would be a better indicator if it ever happens.

Some players have one opponent they often find tricky, or maybe Clifford is more suited to the big occasion but I'd rate Clifford above Comer. Fitzsimmons this year and the Tyrone defense last year found him unmarkable on numerous occasions, and you can't get a bigger benchmark than those.

I think both Comer and Clifford will have a few high balls kicked into them on Sunday as Galway are suspect under high ball and Kerry are untested under high ball. Whoever can convert those to goals might be the winner.

I see your logic - Comer v Meehan/Cork has looked far more impressive than Clifford v Meehan/Cork but it's a false logic as Cork no longer are the benchmark unfortunately.
Clifford v Meehan/Cork in a C'ship knockout game in Croke Park would be a better indicator if it ever happens.

Some players have one opponent they often find tricky, or maybe Clifford is more suited to the big occasion but I'd rate Clifford above Comer. Fitzsimmons this year and the Tyrone defense last year found him unmarkable on numerous occasions, and you can't get a bigger benchmark than those.

I think both Comer and Clifford will have a few high balls kicked into them on Sunday as Galway are suspect under high ball and Kerry are untested under high ball. Whoever can convert those to goals might be the winner.
Don’t entertain him. Meehan marked Shane Walsh for most of that game. Flahive was on Comer for his goal. Walsh did wreck that day, without doubt a more talented footballer than Comer. Anyway, how a guy fares against Sean Meehan and Cork isn’t the barometer.

To say Comer “at his peak”is better than Clifford “at his peak” is just wrong. Comer is 28 and has never shown anything like the kind of magic Clifford has produced at times. Clifford at his peak is probably one of the greatest to ever play the game, Comer at his peak would be just about in the top 10 forwards in the country right now.

He could have made an argument for Comer being in better form and playing with more confidence but to say he’s better than Clifford full stop is just daft.

Comer is a fine player…..that’s it, a big strong man who if he gets a ball can take on a defender but is not in the league of Clifford or o’callaghan for example. He isn’t even Galway’s best forward that being Walsh followed this year by finnerty who is crowing consistently well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking

Cornmarket Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼