The Gaelic Football Thread

They should have beaten kerry this year. They were very unlucky with 2 goal chances. But I can't see harte bringing anything to the party unless he has seen some young gems there that we don't know about.

Interesting read. I wonder what the recommendations will be to reward a more risk based game?

At all costs we need to try and shake things up to avoid more dismal contests like Cork/Derry and Armagh/Monaghan.
Reduce or get rid of handpassing. Hand passing a point definitely needs to go, zero skill involved. I reckon a player could go through a match without actually kicking a ball these days.

Last edited:
Reduce or get rid of handpassing. Hand passing a point definitely needs to go, zero skill involved. I reckon a player should go through a match without actually kicking a ball these days.

Be a disaster for Cork - with few notable exceptions, Cork forwards main M.O. is to get close enough to posts to hand pass point.

Reduce or get rid of handpassing. Hand passing a point definitely needs to go, zero skill involved. I reckon a player should go through a match without actually kicking a ball these days.
The increase in playing time from 34 minutes to 45 minutes is the most interesting part of this article, telling us what we already knew otherwise.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Villagers
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place

3rd Dec 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼