The Action Plan for Housing.

😂😂😂 122% inflation on £64k and add on 20% is nowhere near €500k.
It'd be closer to €200k.
Where would you find a place for €200k in Douglas, Bishopstown, Blackrock, Ballincollig, Rochestown etc?
Genuinely love to see the workings on that on how you came to €500k. 😂😂😂

Were there record rents in the 80s?❌
Were there record house prices in the 80s? ❌
Was there record homelessness in the 80s? ❌
Did governments miss their targets on social and affordable homes? ❌
Were vulture funds hoovering up 1000s of homes?❌
Was everyone going around with smartphones in their person, worth approx € 1 k ? ❌

Was there a minimum wage ? ❌

Was there such a thing as people with an entitled attitude ? ❌️.

Was there full employment ? ❌

Were there institutions for people like you ✔️

Yes, do it without knowing the actual location or any detail of the house. I bought a house 3 years ago, for €120000, needed a bit of work which I did myself over 2 years. It is now worth probably around 300k, with solar panels and all, 3 bed 2 bath. MOE will have to tell us where the house is and more details to see if it's worth 500k, I doubt it
That's not inflation though.

😂😂😂 122% inflation on £64k and add on 20% is nowhere near €500k.
It'd be closer to €200k.
Where would you find a place for €200k in Douglas, Bishopstown, Blackrock, Ballincollig, Rochestown etc?
Genuinely love to see the workings on that on how you came to €500k. 😂😂😂
I actually don't know, MOE didn't put any detail as why the house would be worth k500, it's most probably around k300

To get jobs and presumably an ok life abroad.
Nowadays that's not guaranteed. UK isn't a good option, USA is closed. Australia has similar renting accommodation problems to us.
The past is a different country to now but not necessarily a worse one all things considered, just different.
It was rubbish.

A backward insular State with mad tribal war in the North and a church controlling the place-few jobs and mass emigration with 18% mortgage interest rates as well as no divorce/social rights etc. Crap roads and daft nationalists warbling on about a 4th green field while people were just legging it for a better life.

People move here now to work hard and to get a better life as some countries are just closed and focked.

If you want to depend on the state to get you a council house you will be waiting a long time.

It was rubbish.

A backward insular State with mad tribal war in the North and a church controlling the place-few jobs and mass emigration with 18% mortgage interest rates as well as no divorce/social rights etc. Crap roads and daft nationalists warbling on about a 4th green field while people were just legging it for a better life.

People move here now to work hard and to get a better life as some countries are just closed and focked.

If you want to depend on the state to get you a council house you will be waiting a long time.
You probably wouldn't feel the same if you were in your late 30s living with your parents or if you were in a hotel room indefinitely with young kids.
My wife's family were piss poor in the 80s but they always had a house with a kitchen and a sitting room with a fire place.
Try raising small kids in a hotel room.
Thats a new level of poverty all together.

Your post justs smacks of diehard blueshirt.

You probably wouldn't feel the same if you were in your late 30s living with your parents or if you were in a hotel room indefinitely with young kids.
My wife's family were piss poor in the 80s but they always had a house with a kitchen and a sitting room with a fire place.
Try raising small kids in a hotel room.
Thats a new level of poverty all together.

Your post justs smacks of diehard blueshirt.

Things were so crap in the 80's that Ireland even had to have its own Live-Aid.

1713128349948.png
1713128439581.png

U2 up on stage begging for jobs.

Full empoloyment and plenty of opportunity out there now for those who are willing.

No one is even denying the shortage of homes etc but there is no quick fix as the construction industry is working at maximum capacity.

Looking at the bleak 80's in Ireland with rose-tinted glasses is just bizarre.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼