The Action Plan for Housing.

There was no mould, the house was fine.Tell her kids and all the other kids that are affected by this that living in a hotel is better.

What about the houses that do have mould? Or shoddy electrics?
Do you think they should be brought up to standard?

You say the dangerous ones should be fixed but how are the dangerous ones going to be identified without an inspection?

What about the houses that do have mould? Or shoddy electrics?
Do you think they should be brought up to standard?

You say the dangerous ones should be fixed but how are the dangerous ones going to be identified without an inspection?
I agree that in an ideal world all properties should be inspected to ensure compliance with standards.
In the past the Council operated a priority basis using criteria such as complaints, age of property etc to identify those to inspect. In the present crisis it would seem more sensible to continue with this mechanism and when things get better (hopefully!) then a full scale inspection regime could be implemented.

I agree that in an ideal world all properties should be inspected to ensure compliance with standards.
In the past the Council operated a priority basis using criteria such as complaints, age of property etc to identify those to inspect. In the present crisis it would seem more sensible to continue with this mechanism and when things get better (hopefully!) then a full scale inspection regime could be implemented.

The article you linked and expressed annoyance with was highlighting the high failure rate of first time inspections.
Once a property is shown to be of standard then the system you suggest could absolutely be a viable one for any further inspections but a property has first got to be proven to be safe.

Think of it like a new car passing all its safety tests before it leaves the factory. It has to get the seal of approval.

I know there are people such as your friend finding it very difficult but to drop standards even on an emergency basis could lead to a whole host of other issues.

There are many reasons for the housing crisis, many people and factors that one can look to blame, ensuring that all rental properties are at a certain minimum standard of safety however is not one of them.

Rebel is right. My flat failed two inspections. It took them years to rewire the place. It was only pure fluke the electrician fixed it. I went through hundreds of bulbs and appliances in that time. I'm now breathing in mould daily.

There are many reasons for the housing crisis, many people and factors that one can look to blame, ensuring that all rental properties are at a certain minimum standard of safety however is not one of them.
But by carrying out the inspections you are exacerbating it. That is a fact and there is no getting away from it.

But by carrying out the inspections you are exacerbating it. That is a fact and there is no getting away from it.
Never inspect anything ever in case you find something hazardous or a danger to life and limb?

What should landlords do?

Just wallpaper over structural cracks?

Place buckets under leaks?

Get Banksy in to improve the look of mould stains on walls and ceilings?

Never inspect anything ever in case you find something hazardous or a danger to life and limb?

What should landlords do?

Just wallpaper over structural cracks?

Place buckets under leaks?

Get Banksy in to improve the look of mould stains on walls and ceilings?
Why are you such a wanker?
I've already identified that there was a previous mechanism where inspections were prioritised but you come back with "Never inspect anything....". What a twat.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼