Thank You (rutty, gozzy, jimcomic, duffer, sooz etc.)

To those who read the older thread, i wanted to private message you all to thank you for your support, as i didn't want any more bullshit from certain board members at the moment. Not up to it.
It would take too long however and my time is limited.

Thank you so much for your replies, advice and words of kindness. PROC was actually one of the things that has kept me sane over the last 6 or 7 weeks.

Sorry for the individual name mentions up there, anyone that posted on the thread, thanks so much.

At times when i was lowest, coming home from the hospital to my computer, not wanting to bother friends and family more with my worries, which would not go away, i found great solace in this site. Despite the wummery, bullshit etc. people are good. ,

Most of all however i want to say this:

Thank you SO MUCH to the staff at Marymount hospice. I could go on about the bad experiences we had with the hospital (like assuming that WE didnt want her in a hospice...among other things), but i won't this time round, I want it to be clear:

Donate money to these people if you can, because they are committed, diligent, helpful and above all THEY CARE.

Thanks to the staff at Marymount, my grandmother was able to see her final days without pain and discomfort. Only 4 days ago she told me she felt much stronger and much less afraid of what was to come. I was so hopeful for a night, next day i knew it was all over.

Lads, words cannot express how good they are there. I could point out specific examples, but everything is kind of blurry at the moment. While i think the health service is a shambles in many ways, they are DAMN good up there.

Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you,

Last edited:
Mother died there too few years back , great service and hospital. The spiel about Anvil was a bit gay though it's the INTERNET afterall.

sorry to hear it chief. hope you're not too cut up about it.

tbh man, after i saw her friday i got all the tears and grief out of me. today it was more like watching her attain peace.

Anyway, this thread is kinda just setting the record straight. I don't down on staff or nurses unless there is just cause. I had no problem with the staff in Marymount because they knew what she needed, and they listened to us, and her.

Lisa said:
Yes, Closer. They are very good there. My nan died there a long time ago - it was her anniversary yesterday as it happens. My late aunt also had a respite period there last time I was back in Cork and the attitude of the staff there was lovely. Glad to hear that your nan had peace at the end.

For people who see so much death (possibly more so than regular hospitals simply because sick and dying go there), they are amazingly good and attentive. In the hospital i got the feeling they didn't really care because she was elderly, and sort of treated her like a child (among other grievances, damn i said i wouldn't do this.. :p). There was none of that in Marymount.

Peace

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼