Stuff that grinds your gears

Being continuously told by meeja that males are the problem but no-one's giving them proper role models apart from the vacuous fuckwads on Love Island, who themselves are victims, eaten up and spat out by tv. Torn apart by social media.

It's fun shit.

The Deli being only half full. You can see the glistening plump sausages alluringly waiting for you but no server behind the counter. They don't serve till all the foodstuffs are out.
I ended up with a cold sandwich 🥪 😩

Word.

Id hate to be a young fella these days.
I get what you're saying but I think every generation says that. We look at the younger crowd and see their problems and think glad I didn't have to deal with that growing up.

And yes, I'm glad I didn't grow up in the age of the smart phone and what it entails. But if I did, I'd probably be okay with it. Thing is, suicide has long been one of the major reasons for deaths of men in this country, young and not so young and it's never been given the attention it deserves.

I get what you're saying but I think every generation says that. We look at the younger crowd and see their problems and think glad I didn't have to deal with that growing up.

And yes, I'm glad I didn't grow up in the age of the smart phone and what it entails. But if I did, I'd probably be okay with it. Thing is, suicide has long been one of the major reasons for deaths of men in this country, young and not so young and it's never been given the attention it deserves.

It sounds like a nightmare out there.

Bullying used stop at the school gate, now it's non stop.

You can get jailed now if you grope a girls tits in bed in the wrong way.

Nevermind pumping primary school kids full of info about their gender being a choice.

We had it maybe not easier but definitely a lot less focked up

Last edited:
Being continuously told by meeja that males are the problem but no-one's giving them proper role models apart from the vacuous fuckwads on Love Island, who themselves are victims, eaten up and spat out by tv. Torn apart by social media.

It's fun shit.

One of the lads that died pissed his pants at a house party and videos of it were shared on WhatsApp. Poor kid got an awful doing.

His parents, aunts and uncles all got wind of it.

He was a lovely kid and dead within a month.

While there must have been underlying issues there, these kind of things definitely don’t help.

It sounds like a nightmare out there.

Bullying used stop at the school gate, now it's non stop.

You can get jailed now if you grope a girls tits in bed in the wrong way.

Nevermind pumping primary school kids full of info about their gender being a choice.

We definitely had it maybe not easier but definitely a lot less focked up

In my day you’d be sent off for a long weight or a length of fallopian tube and 5 or 6 people would get a laugh out of it.

Now it’s recorded and it could be 5/6000 people view it and comment on it.

That can de devastating for someone’s confidence.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼