Stephen Kenny Reign

Good post.

We have been playing garbage football for the last few years. Lets at least get it on the ground and get the fundamentals right.

0-1 and 2-0 against Gibraltar is embarrassing for a team of professional footballers.

Dan
I seen Dundalk play but you and more posters would have seen his teams and how they set up.
When I have seen Dundalk for me it was Hoban up top but he also likes his wing backs going forward.
Could we see a 3 -5 - 2 with a Parrott in the 2 as a 10 .
I think it’s a great opportunity for Kenny .
He can just go for it and then build after but the games will roll fast.
I think Duff and Andrews are big pluses because they are hands on kinda coaching.
We all need something different and like you said 1-0 against Gibberish is brutal but this was even going on before with MON and Roy.
Seamus Coleman Goal against Georgia said a lot.

I have watched and been to a lot of these underage games and it’s giving me hope TBH.
The young fella Hodge with Man City always looking forward and for the ball . Cullen not bad IMO as DM and lots of promising players.
Our serious problem is scoring goals and Scott Hogan McGoldrick And Shane Long are not the answer.
Kenny has nothing to lose by trying Obefemi Connolly’s or Parrotts because we have enough of everything else.
I am still in disbelief that if by a miracle we get to the Euros. Captain Fantastic will still be paid 1 million as a bonus.
Have we really moved on to a better place.

I don't think he will be playing Parott or a host of u-21s.

Most likely we will see Connolly and the likes of Maguire get more ball.

MCCarthy at Palace getting a start ahead of Glenn Whelan and Doherty our only top premiership player being utilised properly would be a start.

I don't think that we are as bad a side as latter era MON and all of Mick's tenure would suggest. We don't have any world beaters but there is certainly the bones of a side that can start playing some football.

I hope Kenny is a success. One would hope at the very least that he can't possibly be any worse than what has gone before.

I have a feeling James McCarthy might make himself unavailable going forward.
Hope I'm wrong but he's been a senior pro since 15 and is about to turn 30. Might look to squeeze all he can out of his club career after that bad injury.

Proud moment for the Airtricity League

This appointment is a great moment for the Airtricity National League as Kenny would have done the majority of his football apprenticeship through the league environment and European club competition. It shows what can be achieved through our domestic league experience. It gives a lot of current managers encouragement and focus plus something to stride for in regards to the U21's and other underage international appointments in the future.

Well done to the FAI on the decision and to wish Stephen Kenny all the support for the future.

This appointment is a great moment for the Airtricity National League as Kenny would have done the majority of his football apprenticeship through the league environment and European club competition. It shows what can be achieved through our domestic league experience. It gives a lot of current managers encouragement and focus plus something to stride for in regards to the U21's and other underage international appointments in the future.

Well done to the FAI on the decision and to wish Stephen Kenny all the support for the future.

👍🏻
Best of luck to him.

Duffer I'm not so sure about.very hungry individual.

Greeny
Name one that wasn’t or isn’t. The 2 keanes Captain Fantastic Liam Brady And the list will grow. All these people had no issues taking money from the Delaney era with all of them knowing their taking a good wage whilst saying nothing.
I don’t mind Duff and Andrews TBH at least they have done something in coaching.
Robbie Keane is very close to losing his integrity now.
I hope Kenny is a great success because our Domestic game needs him to succeed Imo.

they tried that too with eoin hand 40 years ago who'd won the league with limerick i think, came close to qualifying for world cup in 82 but fell away after that despite some amazing players in the squad (lawro, brady, whelan, mcgrath, etc)

Greeny
Name one that wasn’t or isn’t. The 2 keanes Captain Fantastic Liam Brady And the list will grow. All these people had no issues taking money from the Delaney era with all of them knowing their taking a good wage whilst saying nothing.
I don’t mind Duff and Andrews TBH at least they have done something in coaching.
Robbie Keane is very close to losing his integrity now.
I hope Kenny is a great success because our Domestic game needs him to succeed Imo.

Robbie has not a brain in his head . The Mrs will start publicity campaign , agent etc. Kenny dead right to get rid of dead wood . Shows you how far we have fallen when Robeeeeeeee's!!! opinion is making news.

What exactly did Robbie Keane bring to the table as a coach? From a goals for point of view, it was our worst ever qualifying campaign, despite what Mick's media mates/ex-players such as Gary Breen, spout.

Robbie's not exactly pulling up trees at Middlesbrough either, who currently languish in 19th place in the Championship, only ahead of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Last Call

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼