Specsavers etc

Any of ye tried SpecSavers or Vision Express.

Got a quote recently, from an optician, for very basic distance glasses - 340 euro.

Just wondering if the other two are worth a go. Dont want to feck up my eyes for a few quid but dont want to get ripped off either.

Last edited:

Got a quote recently, from an optician, for very basic distance glasses - 340 euro.

Just wondering if the other two are worth a go. Dont want to feck up my eyes for a few quid but dont want to get ripped off either.

Specsavers are reasonable enough.My wife got hers there,but she buys the cheap ones from Penneys or Dealz for 2/3 euro just to have around the house.The problem with the 2 places you mentioned is they'll be tormenting you with letters for evermore with check ups and junk.

Always used to use Specsavers, very helpful and professional.
340 for a pair of glasses is way too much.

Try other opticians ,shop around

I saw Donnacadh O'Callahan going into Specsavers on Cook Street there a few years ago, before they moved to Opera Lane.

I went to Specsavers in Bandon orginally and found them very good. A few months ago I had a check up in germania and the optician said whoever chose my lense balance did a great job. And ze germans know a thing or two about optical lenses.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

26th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼