South Africa

Hi. Just wondering if anyone here knew much about living in South Africa?

South Africa is a big place, dude.

Cape Town good.
J'burg bad.
Pretoria okay-ish.

Expect your gaff to look like a mini-prison no matter where you are.
To keep things out, though - not in.

Rape capital of the world.

Cheap out.

Great food, wine and coast.

Amazing landscape.

25% unemployment.

You'll have trouble getting a work visa in a place with so many unemployed.

The abject poverty in some sections of society is depressing.

Would you believe I thought I was gonna lose my job today and they offered me a move to Jburg or London instead of redunandcy. Thats JBurg out then. Cheers for that fella...

Will do but its not just me to think about. When the missus hears the above theres no way she'll go out there. Would be cool with the world cup coming up next year, but still like...

cape town is beautiful dodgey tho even walking around at night .invest in a gub to keep in your glove box if you do want to move.. what people do is when they stop at trafic lights they put hold it above the steering wheel as there are sometimes gangs at the traffic lights

Would you believe I thought I was gonna lose my job today and they offered me a move to Jburg or London instead of redunandcy. Thats JBurg out then. Cheers for that fella...

J'burg is dodgy out.

My aunt lived there for 3 years. They had a beautiful house in a nice quiet suburb with a pool, servants quarters etc that cost them half nothing to buy. It was so nice in their neighbourhood you almost didn't notice the bars on the windows, the razor wire/barbed wire on top of the 8ft high fences around every home or the signs warning you that the house is alarmed and attempting to break in will result in a team of armed security guards arriving within minutes to kill you.
Almost.

I have been to Jo-berg twice. It is Dangerous and all of the above. But you could have a great standard of living if you rent in a complex with good security. There's plenty to do and the weather's unreal. East London is another city in South Africa thats a nice spot.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼