Simon Harris, Glorious Leader

Harris pledged to introduce free GP care for children under eight by the middle of 2020. It arrived three years later. He was going to have the under-10s covered by the middle of 2021 and the under-12s by the summer of 2022. Neither happened. He also said the children’s hospital “will be finished in 2022 and open in 2023″. Neither of those things happened either.

What all of this tells us is that actual achievement in government is not what gets you to the top. Simon Harris is not becoming our leader because he has proven he can solve chronic problems. He has risen without trace, which is the perfect path to power in contemporary Irish politics.

It’s not the survival of the fittest. It’s the survival of the smoothest. Building a positive media profile and performing well in broadcast interviews are the tests you must pass. Stay out of trouble and you too could be taoiseach.
I read that article earlier.. its a proper slap in the chops from Tooler!

Has there ever been a more underwhelming Taoiseach? Still, when the alternatives are the likes of Mary McDonalds then maybe the anonymous vanilla fella is ok?

I read that article earlier.. its a proper slap in the chops from Tooler!

Has there ever been a more underwhelming Taoiseach? Still, when the alternatives are the likes of Mary McDonalds then maybe the anonymous vanilla fella is ok?

Ah, the old "Let's make him Taoiseach because at least he's not the other one" approach :rolleyes:

Ah, the old "Let's make him Taoiseach because at least he's not the other one" approach :rolleyes:

Ah, the old SoundY cannot comprehend the written word approach

Weher did I say he should be made Taoiseach? In fact I only wrote 3 sentences and one of them was 'Has there ever been a more underwhelming Taoiseach?'

Which bit of that is hard to understand?

Ah, the old SoundY cannot comprehend the written word approach

Weher
did I say he should be made Taoiseach? In fact I only wrote 3 sentences and one of them was 'Has there ever been a more underwhelming Taoiseach?'

Which bit of that is hard to understand?
😂

You wrote (and I quote) "Still, when the alternatives are the likes of Mary McDonalds then maybe the anonymous vanilla fella is ok?"

Maybe you'd like another go at it.:cool:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers’ Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼