Simon Coveney

Is Simon gonna be in trouble when the next election comes around? Or will he pull a few rabbits out of a few hats before then?

He didn’t do anything about The incinerator the last time it came up, call me a cynic but it’s being kept away from peoples mind by the courts or something and that suits this stage of the election cycle. Isn’t he buddy buddy with the people who want it built.

People living in Carrigaline must be prone to daily bouts of road rage with the traffic, as they continue to build more and more houses, and that’s before the paper thin level of policing is examined

The thousands who work In Ringaskiddy and sit in traffic won’t be to happy either but many are in different constituencies

And last but defiantly not least he’s one of the top dogs in the FFG government who are going to suffer because a lot of people are sick of their shit now

Event Centre

Yes. I want the Event Centre built on the Beamish site, it's the perfect place for it, and would rejuvenate the entire area.

Coveney will deserve the rewards if he delivers, but he will deserve a brutal kicking if it is not under construction before the next election. My feeling is that it suits BAM to slow walk this while he can use the site for a base for the other city centre projects he has on.

Is Simon gonna be in trouble when the next election comes around? Or will he pull a few rabbits out of a few hats before then?

He didn’t do anything about The incinerator the last time it came up, call me a cynic but it’s being kept away from peoples mind by the courts or something and that suits this stage of the election cycle. Isn’t he buddy buddy with the people who want it built.

People living in Carrigaline must be prone to daily bouts of road rage with the traffic, as they continue to build more and more houses, and that’s before the paper thin level of policing is examined

The thousands who work In Ringaskiddy and sit in traffic won’t be to happy either but many are in different constituencies

And last but defiantly not least he’s one of the top dogs in the FFG government who are going to suffer because a lot of people are sick of their shit now

Bear in mind that Martin and McGrath did nothing for Cork, and can't walk away from responsibility either.

Bear in mind that Martin and McGrath did nothing for Cork, and can't walk away from responsibility either.

Yea, I was gonna include them but (apparently) they are not in power.

The announcement of the Cork Limerick motorway being built by 2027 is hardly something to be proud of. 10km of road a year, big up yourself.

Yes. I want the Event Centre built on the Beamish site, it's the perfect place for it, and would rejuvenate the entire area.

Coveney will deserve the rewards if he delivers, but he will deserve a brutal kicking if it is not under construction before the next election. My feeling is that it suits BAM to slow walk this while he can use the site for a base for the other city centre projects he has on.

What about traffic in and out ?

ODuffy-Blueshisrts.jpg

What about traffic in and out ?

It's perfectly situated in the City Centre surrounded by loads of bars, restaurants and clubs, accessed by public transport and there are all the multi storey car parks available around the city too. I would expect traffic to be blocked from Tuckey Street and North Main Street, when the Event Centre is in use.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼