Shane Warne RIP

One of my sporting heroes. Box office every time he played. Shook me a bit this did. He was only 3 years older than me. Sadder still that some 6 hours before he passed away he tweeted his sadness at the passing of Aussie cricket great Rod Marsh. Life can be so cruel

RIP. Only picked up cricket after he retired but he continued to loom large over the game even then. Similarities to Maradona

Another big sporting character gone, this Wokey world doesn’t produce them anymore. Like of Shane and Big Bill Werbeniuk are a thing of the past unfortunately.

Another big sporting character gone, this Wokey world doesn’t produce them anymore. Like of Shane and Big Bill Werbeniuk are a thing of the past unfortunately.
LOL, yes, they both occasionally consumed to excess - but there the similarity ends. Bill never won anything of note and was top 20 on his best day.

WarneY was a cricketing god - transcending national rivalries, single-handedly reviving the art of leg spin and carrying the baggy greens on his back to victory on numerous occasions. Megelus' comparison to Maradona is the correct one ⭐

LOL, yes, they both occasionally consumed to excess - but there the similarity ends. Bill never won anything of note and was top 20 on his best day.

WarneY was a cricketing god - transcending national rivalries, single-handedly reviving the art of leg spin and carrying the baggy greens on his back to victory on numerous occasions. Megelus' comparison to Maradona is the correct one ⭐
True Bill was no Alex Higgins top 8 I think at most but unfortunately successful or not this type of character in sport is a dying breed.

Snooker had no right to be as popular as it was in the 80s but that group of talented unpredictable nut jobs made it what it was.

Yeah, twas deffo the Vax that killed party animal WarneY. I've already gotten the WhatsApp messages which are far more believable. Tbh, I hope they're the truth. Sure how bad to go out that way.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼