Saorview Signal. Picture Breaking Up.

lads I live in the country, with all this recent bad weather, I am losing all my channels some times on Saorview Box, some times the picture breaks up, does this happen anyone else ? or do I have to reposition my Ariel again, anyone else living in the country with this problem, the Ariel shakes a bit is this what is causing it, only happens in wind and rain. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE PROC.

You could put down some small trees about 20 metres from the house and they'd provide a bit of shelter once they're fully matured in about 25 years.

the gov website says
"Adverse weather conditions do not directly affect SAORVIEW transmissions. However, if the wind and /or rain cause problems with your SAORVIEW reception, then this is likely due to your aerial installation. If your aerial, or the cable connected to it, is damaged or poorly installed, the wind and rain can cause disruption to your reception. If your aerial is not correctly aligned or is situated close to large trees, then you may experience reception problems, which may be more noticeable in windy weather. Consequently, if inclement weather conditions are affecting your SAORVIEW reception, then you should contact a local, competent aerial installer."

(http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/Broadcasting/Frequently+Asked+Questions/4G+Signal+and+TV+Reception+FAQs.htm)

lads I live in the country, with all this recent bad weather, I am losing all my channels some times on Saorview Box, some times the picture breaks up, does this happen anyone else ? or do I have to reposition my Ariel again, anyone else living in the country with this problem, the Ariel shakes a bit is this what is causing it, only happens in wind and rain. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON THE PROC.

Ariel
ariel-washing-powder-box.jpg

Aerial
aerial1.jpg

the gov website says
"Adverse weather conditions do not directly affect SAORVIEW transmissions. However, if the wind and /or rain cause problems with your SAORVIEW reception, then this is likely due to your aerial installation. If your aerial, or the cable connected to it, is damaged or poorly installed, the wind and rain can cause disruption to your reception. If your aerial is not correctly aligned or is situated close to large trees, then you may experience reception problems, which may be more noticeable in windy weather. Consequently, if inclement weather conditions are affecting your SAORVIEW reception, then you should contact a local, competent aerial installer."

(http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/Broadcasting/Frequently+Asked+Questions/4G+Signal+and+TV+Reception+FAQs.htm)

JOHNJOEPO thanks for that detailed reply, yes I have huge trees were my AERIAL is facing, its perfect now but when the wind picks up in the evening its happens. feck its roaring THUNDER out here now !!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼