RTE sports person of the year 2022

nominations for Young SPOTY have been released, Rhasidat Adeleke, James Culhane, Eve McMahon, Israel Olatunde and Lisa O'Rourke.

one of the sprinters to win I think
Probably because the sailor and the boxer actually won World Championships.

nominations for Young SPOTY have been released, Rhasidat Adeleke, James Culhane, Eve McMahon, Israel Olatunde and Lisa O'Rourke.

one of the sprinters to win I think
Agreed - they might move away from the boxing. Also, weren't McMahon's medals for underage competition?

It's a public vote these days isn't it?

So you don't get the George Hook and Ted Walsh acting the bollocks thing like when they shafted Derval but you also screw minority sport.

Adeleke definetly should have won it ahead of Bazuno last year

Adeleke moved up a level again this year - strong show at the Euros and some epic runs in the relays at the Worlds. No medals since it’s Senior but won a bunch of NCAA stuff with the Longhorns too. Probably as deserving as she was last year if not more so.

Adeleke moved up a level again this year - strong show at the Euros and some epic runs in the relays at the Worlds. No medals since it’s Senior but won a bunch of NCAA stuff with the Longhorns too. Probably as deserving as she was last year if not more so.
Agreed. Doing it at Senior level has to be the difference.

After that its pure subjective analysis of sport which is good craic but nothing more.

I'd take what she did at the Euros over the others all day long

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv!

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼