Rte = out of touch with ireland

Speaks volumes about their complete lack of knowledge of most things outside the pale.

Are BBC as bad with a London bias, I wonder?

Rupert Murdoch’s News UK is headquartered in London. It owns The Wireless Group, headquartered in Belfast which includes 96FM.

The Irish Times in Dublin owns The Irish Examiner and The Evening Echo.

RTÉ, headquartered in Dublin, owns RTÉ1, RTÉ2, Raidio Na Gaeltachta and Lyric FM.

TG4 is headquartered in Galway.

Virgin Media, owned by US based Liberty Global is headquartered in Eastpoint Business Park in Dublin, with its main operations in Ballymount, also in Dublin.

Landmark Media which was acquired by The Irish Times owned a stake in Red FM, but I’m unsure of how much.

Communicorp headquartered in Dublin owns Newstalk and Today FM

Classic Hits 4FM is owned by Bay Media Limited, headquartered in Dublin

RTE know very little about modern Ireland and its people. This is reflected in their out of touch and out of date attempts at programming.

Personally I think it is time to scrap RTE as it is beyond redemption. The country needs a new national broadcaster that has the trust of the Irish people and one that represents them. RTE fails completely!

RTE television seem to have already cut their news bulletins to five minutes in the run up to Christmas. This really is a disgrace! It is also a waste of taxpayer's money! I honestly don't see much public service being provided by RTE. It is time to scrap RTE!

BBC3 is the British state broadcaster. I have no problem with change but abandoning irish boradcasting is bananas and frankly just trolling.
Might as well go back to the empire

Kids today don’t watch TV.. they are on their iPads.. YouTube is the main item watched.. .. the battle is already lost..

I only watch sport myself.. previously RTÉ kept up the pretence of being a nationwide service. They don’t even pretend anymore.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Coronas

, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼