Robert Fisk RIP

Just very sad news indeed, along with the Patrick Cockburn, the two better informed, in my opinion, English speaking journalist on middle eastern affairs and politics of the last, take as many years as you like. Long resident in Beirut he had moved to Dublin, a pacifist who wrote and spoke as well on wars as anyone then alive. Quite rightly critical of the constant medling of the usual suspects, primarily US in Middle Eastern affairs. A desperately sad loss to humanity this day.

100% agree, a very honest and brave man. The usual suspects in the middle east will be happy as there is not many journalists left that will call out there interference in that part of the world. Was also one of the few journalist that highlighted the Armenian Genocide.

Just very sad news indeed, along with the Patrick Cockburn, the two better informed, in my opinion, English speaking journalist on middle eastern affairs and politics of the last, take as many years as you like. Long resident in Beirut he had moved to Dublin, a pacifist who wrote and spoke as well on wars as anyone then alive. Quite rightly critical of the constant medling of the usual suspects, primarily US in Middle Eastern affairs. A desperately sad loss to humanity this day.

Very well put Cerebellar. He will be faux-fawned over by the likes of Tubridy, Kenny and their ilk tomorrow without a hint of irony.

Couldn't have put it better.

His work will live long after him. The Great war for civilization is such a massive piece of work especially.

RIP

I honestly just let out an involuntary sigh when I read the headline.

I'm fucking gutted, I've been reading his stuff since I was a child.

RIP.

Some of his reporting in Syria came very close to denial of atrocities by Assad and the Russians. TBH he wouldn't be the only one to buy the cool aid there.

The Great War for Civilisation - a thumping good read.

A great read indeed, sad to see him go, one of the best out there at calling it like it is in the Middle East.

Went to see him speak in UCC around 11 years ago, Israeli supporter/heckler in the audience, she wouldn't debate, just started spouting crap. Eventually she was asked to leave, he handled it well then again I'd say he was well used to it.

His weekly articles in the english Independent were usually part of my Saturday morning reads.

RIP

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼