Question re USA visa (holiday)

Hiya lads

I'm travelling to the US in april and am trying to figure out the visa situation.

What sort of passport do I need to be valid in the Visa Waiver Program - I've seen contradictory things on the US govt websites saying either just a machine-readable one is valid (which I have) and others saying that you must have an up to date digital passport (which I don't have)

Do I need to apply for anything visa wise for a holiday?

Thank you!!

Od

Hiya lads

I'm travelling to the US in april and am trying to figure out the visa situation.

What sort of passport do I need to be valid in the Visa Waiver Program - I've seen contradictory things on the US govt websites saying either just a machine-readable one is valid (which I have) and others saying that you must have an up to date digital passport (which I don't have)

Thank you!!

Od

AFAIK, you don't need the new fancy Passport, the old one is fine it's just that they are phasing them out and they won't be used anymore, when you're old one expires you'll just get a fancy one, I think that's all cool.

You don't need to apply for any visa.

Hiya lads

Thank you!!

Od

You didn't need a Visa for a holiday 6 months ago!

However you do need a bio-metric passport and don't let the Irish embassy offer you a 'temporary green' one... THIS IS NOT VALID.

Check the american embassy website or visit them. Be sure before you go.

AFAIK, you don't need the new fancy Pass Port, the old one is fine it's just that they are phasing them out and they won't be used anymore, when you're old one expires you'll just get a fancy one, I think that's all cool.

You don't need to apply for any visa.

Are you sure? I'm almost certain he needs a biometric passport.

As far as I know you need the biometric passport since last November otherwise you have to get a physical visa stamped in at the Embassy, just get a new passport only takes a couple of weeks.

Hiya lads

Thank you!!

Od

Ods auld girl, you'll need a biometric one now, and you will have to submit you details online at least 3 days before traveling.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Chris McGrath

Arty's Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼