Punchestown 2016

Looking forward to what should be a fantastic week's racing. The first class Mullins horses Vautour, Douvan, Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag will all be on show. It's a shame that Don Cossack had to pull out as the battle between him and Cue Card in the Gold Cup would have been another cracker. Cue Card will now go off favourite but with Don Poli now likely to have Cooper on board I wouldn't write him off. Heading up myself on Friday and cannot wait to see the machine that is Annie Power in the flesh.

No he was a donkey up to couple of years ago, whatever happened then I don't know but top class since . think thistlecrack is making the trip too.

Will be heading up Tuesday.

Never get that feeling like Cheltenham or even a Leopardstown. If it was more concentrated in quality. Spread over 4 days it loses an edge.

Not a good day for Willie Mullins today, Vautour and Yorkhill both beaten at long odds on. Seems that Ruby Walsh definitely isn't recovered fully from his broken hand at Aintree. Robert Tyner from Kinsale trained a winner in the 6:05 with Coeur de Lion winning at 22/1. Davy Russell just rode a winner in the 6:40 with Zabana too so good day for East Cork.

"Seems that Ruby Walsh definitely isn't recovered fully from his broken hand at Aintree." That smarmy bollocks; fcuking chancer. And no, I hadn't it backed.

Up and down day today. Got the enhanced 6/4 double about Yorkhill and Vautour!! Backed Zabana and the Mullins horse in the last but missed out on the Tyner horse in the bumper even though it was tipped up by one of the more trusted tipsters on boards :(
Just a word on the RTE coverage. If there's a worse call of a race than the Yorkhill race I've not heard it. Tony O'Heir spends half the race calling Yorkhill Bellshill and I think he even said Sea Bass was third at one stage although I'll have to watch again. ATR for me from now on.
For tomorrow I'll go with 4:20 Supasundae 4:55 Acapella Bourgeois 6:05 Bacardys 7:15 Glens Harmony E/W Lucky 15

Up and down day today. Got the enhanced 6/4 double about Yorkhill and Vautour!! Backed Zabana and the Mullins horse in the last but missed out on the Tyner horse in the bumper even though it was tipped up by one of the more trusted tipsters on boards :(
Just a word on the RTE coverage. If there's a worse call of a race than the Yorkhill race I've not heard it. Tony O'Heir spends half the race calling Yorkhill Bellshill and I think he even said Sea Bass was third at one stage although I'll have to watch again. ATR for me from now on.
For tomorrow I'll go with 4:20 Supasundae 4:55 Acapella Bourgeois 6:05 Bacardys 7:15 Glens Harmony E/W Lucky 15

I thought i imagined the Bellshill/Yorkhill name mix up.Hes always getting it wrong tbf.lol

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Bold Ensemble

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼