Protecting our Children BBC

Anyone watch it last night? I'm not the better of it, poor Annie the social worker. How does anyone do that job & have a life outside of work? How could you go home in the evening & switch off from that kind of work. It said at the end she took 2 weeks sick leave after. Don't think I'll watch it next week. :-(

Anyone watch it last night? I'm not the better of it, poor Annie the social worker. How does anyone do that job & have a life outside of work? How could you go home in the evening & switch off from that kind of work. It said at the end she took 2 weeks sick leave after. Don't think I'll watch it next week. :-(

I thought the first week's one was even tougher. It's a good series.

I toyed with the idea of becoming a social worker but I'm not cut out for it as I wouldn't be able to hold back from battering the fuck out of the useless parents.

I toyed with the idea of becoming a social worker but I'm not cut out for it as I wouldn't be able to hold back from battering the fuck out of the useless parents.

Yeah I'd say you'd need a serious amount of self control alright. I think I'd wanna knock their heads together too, I'm definitly not cut out for that kind of work.
I felt most sorry for Annie, at least the baby got adopted & hopefully is living a good life.

Far too many kids end up with the shitty end of the stick. I just cannot fathom the mindset of anyone who'd be cruel to, or neglectful of, a child.

I think in this case the 2 people involved were neglected & abused themselves & don't know how to care for a baby. There was one scene before the baby was born where the social worker was showing the mother pictures & words about a baby needing kisses n cuddles, very sad really.

It's a thankless job, and yes there are some crap ones. But for most they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Crisis management at it's worst, grossly overworked with far too many cases to handle efficiently.

A job I wouldn't do for all the money in the world

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Africa Day

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼