Places that won't reopen

It's very hard to justify paying the kind of money Irish hotels are asking for on a regular basis. When you add in the additional price gouging for events, matches and concerts it's very annoying.

I've no problem refusing to pay those extortionate rates and staying home as frustrating as it is at times.

They really don't deserve any support.

It's scandalous.

We had a night in Ennis booked on our Galway trip, which was €160 B&B. We didn't mind paying that as we were knocking €200 off the overall trip due to the voucher, but if you were booking without a voucher you're talking almost €600 for three nights in Ennis and Galway. It's not fecking Manhatten like.

We've cancelled Ennis anyway as Galway can fuck off and there's no point in only going away for one night.

So the greed of the hotel in Galway has cost the hotel in Ennis a night too, as well as all the money we'd have spent on food and drink in each town.

Rant here -

I got a €200 voucher for a hotel at Christmas, and we decided to use it for the February Bank Holiday.

I went onto the hotel website and there was a €300 prepay deal for the two nights, grand. I couldn't find anywhere to put in the voucher code so I rang the hotel and they told me that you can only use a voucher when you're paying on arrival.

OK, how much is that? €400 for the two nights, the €300 deal is only available online.

So they're essentially trying fo charge me an extra €100 for using a voucher, which they've already been paid for.

Surely that's not legal?

Either way it's yet another reason why I have absolutely zero sympathy for Irish hotels when they are moaning about VAT and the likes.

I emailed them on Friday asking for clarification but they haven't bothered to get back to me. Cead Mile Failte.
That’s shocking . Should name and Shame complete rip off

That’s shocking . Should name and Shame complete rip off

I messaged it to you there. If it was a hotel I hated and had no intention of staying in again then I'd have no problem naming them here.

But I do like it and I'd say my mother will he a thorn in their side to the extent that they offer us a free dinner or something just to get her off their back

I messaged it to you there. If it was a hotel I hated and had no intention of staying in again then I'd have no problem naming them here.

But I do like it and I'd say my mother will he a thorn in their side to the extent that they offer us a free dinner or something just to get her off their back
I never knew there was a message section on this 68!!!! Who knew 😳

It's scandalous.

We had a night in Ennis booked on our Galway trip, which was €160 B&B. We didn't mind paying that as we were knocking €200 off the overall trip due to the voucher, but if you were booking without a voucher you're talking almost €600 for three nights in Ennis and Galway. It's not fecking Manhatten like.

We've cancelled Ennis anyway as Galway can fuck off and there's no point in only going away for one night.

So the greed of the hotel in Galway has cost the hotel in Ennis a night too, as well as all the money we'd have spent on food and drink in each town.
gougers nein danke

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

10th Oct 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼