Parents arrested over murder of six children.

A FATHER-of 17 who was dubbed 'Shameless Mick' in a TV documentary, has been arrested over the murder of six of his children along with their mother.

Last week Derbyshire Police began a forensic search of a caravan used by Mr Philpott and his wife Mairead, 31.

Mr Philpott, 55, had told investigating officers he was on the ground floor of the property with his wife when the fire was started, and was alerted by a smoke alarm. Police at the time said he had made a 'valiant effort' to save the children.

Later it emerged that petrol had been used as an accelarant and the start of the fire was below the letterbox in the front door.

Today Mr and Mrs Philpott were arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...six-children-in-derby-house-fire-3123342.html

2905--Philpott_1058341t.jpg

Philpott-family-de_2219529c.jpg

I wonder if it really is them that did it, did they do it in order to get a bigger council house? Obviously, they wouldn't have intended to kill the children. The father was always going on to the council for a bigger house and he was complaining that they wouldn't give him one. So, if the house was gutted by fire, they'd have to house them elsewhere, wouldn't they? Just a thought .....

I wonder if it really is them that did it, did they do it in order to get a bigger council house? Obviously, they wouldn't have intended to kill the children. The father was always going on to the council for a bigger house and he was complaining that they wouldn't give him one. So, if the house was gutted by fire, they'd have to house them elsewhere, wouldn't they? Just a thought .....

Yep, hate to say it but I was thinking the same.When I saw them crying at a press conference a day or two after the fire I didn't think their grief seemed real to me.It just looked fake.

You can see parts of it in the link I posted in my post above.

Well he won't be able to complain about not being in a big enough house cause he'll be in the biggest house of them all for the rest of his life.

I've just been reading about this horrible tragedy again and I have come to the conclusion that the parents should have contacted Max Clifford straight away. It worked for the McCann's.

I've just been reading about this horrible tragedy again and I have come to the conclusion that the parents should have contacted Max Clifford straight away. It worked for the McCann's.

Yeah, that was the only mistake they made alright.

Seriously though if he/they are guilty how the fu*k are they going to live with themselves?.

I take it the rest of their children will be taken off them, it's sad to say but they'll be better off without them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼