Padre Pio goes on display in the Vatican

Smaug

Banned
It's all a bit gross really, I guess the Catholics are pretty fucking backward too, just like their Muslim counterparts.

000bc1d4-642.jpg

000bc1ca-614.jpg

000bc1d3-614.jpg

The embalmed corpses of two Catholic saints, including that of the venerated Italian friar Padre Pio have gone on display in St Peter's basilica.

Nearly half a century after this death, the body of Padre Pio was moved for the first time from its resting place in a sanctuary at San Giovanni Rotondo in southern Italy.

It has been brought to the Vatican at the request of Pope Francis as part of events to mark the ongoing Catholic Jubilee Year.

The corpses of the two saints will be on display in St Peter's until 11 February.

Padre Pio was revered during his lifetime (1887-1968) and his popularity has continued to grow since his death, particularly in Italy, where mini-statues and pictures of the mystical Capuchin friar are ubiquitous.

He was accompanied on the trip to St Peter's by another Saint Leopold Mandic (1866-1942), a Croatian Capuchin who was, like Padre Pio, celebrated for his skill in receiving confessions - a quality Pope Francis wants to champion during the Jubilee year.

Canonised under Pope John-Paul II, Padre Pio's brand of popular, mystical Catholicism was less popular with the Vatican authorities when he was alive.

It's all a bit gross really, I guess the Catholics are pretty fucking backward too, just like their Muslim counterparts.

000bc1d4-642.jpg

000bc1ca-614.jpg

000bc1d3-614.jpg
Lot more saints and sub god type figures you can pray to in the Catholic Church where as with the Muslim lads there is just the one or beheading for the unbelievers

Lot more saints and sub god type figures you can pray to in the Catholic Church where as with the Muslim lads there is just the one or beheading for the unbelievers

Its all bullshit pointy, and anyone wasting their time with it needs their heads examined.

Its all bullshit pointy, and anyone wasting their time with it needs their heads examined.

I agree to a point Eoin I think there is something waiting for us all when we leave this plane of existence but I don't believe for a second it is anything like what all the different faiths claim it to be.

What was Yoda comment about luminous beings again?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼