Other Peoples Grocery Shopping

The person in front of me at the checkout had what looked like a weeks worth for shopping up on the conveyor belt but I noticed bar a bag of potatoes, there wasn't one fresh fruit or veg. Not even a pack of apples like. Lots of frozen foods, pizza's, jars of sauce & what have you but no fruit or veg. I suppose you could argue they were heading somewhere else to get the fruit & veg & tis possible as I split my shopping between 2 shops but anyways on to the next shop....
Again at the checkout & the couple in front were loading the shopping on the conveyor belt & they had jars of vegetables! Peas at the bottom & carrots on top in some kind of clear liquid. I never saw the bate of it. So they're loading away & they also have the cheapest Dunnes sliced pan bread, yock. While waiting to pay your man is looking at the sweet stand next to the till & he picks up a bag of smarties for €2.75 & puts them on the conveyor belt too. In the name of God like spend the €2.75 on better bread or some fresh carrots I wanted to shout!

I'm nosey like that. I look at other peoples shopping wondering what they're having for dinner.
Anyway Rant over. As you were.

The person in front of me at the checkout had what looked like a weeks worth for shopping up on the conveyor belt but I noticed bar a bag of potatoes, there wasn't one fresh fruit or veg. Not even a pack of apples like. Lots of frozen foods, pizza's, jars of sauce & what have you but no fruit or veg. I suppose you could argue they were heading somewhere else to get the fruit & veg & tis possible as I split my shopping between 2 shops but anyways on to the next shop....
Again at the checkout & the couple in front were loading the shopping on the conveyor belt & they had jars of vegetables! Peas at the bottom & carrots on top in some kind of clear liquid. I never saw the bate of it. So they're loading away & they also have the cheapest Dunnes sliced pan bread, yock. While waiting to pay your man is looking at the sweet stand next to the till & he picks up a bag of smarties for €2.75 & puts them on the conveyor belt too. In the name of God like spend the €2.75 on better bread or some fresh carrots I wanted to shout!

I'm nosey like that. I look at other peoples shopping wondering what they're having for dinner.

Meh Sure when I do my shopping its all stuff like that I get, but then again as a student I rob most of the fresh food from home.

Maybe they were buying tinned vegetables to donate to some charity or food collection.

They weren't tinned, they were in a jar with some kind of clear liquid. Call me innocent but I'd never seen carrots & peas in a jar like that before. I wonder how much they were?
And they could have been for charity, who knows I was just gob smacked by them.

People can eat shit and it's still none of your business.

They weren't tinned, they were in a jar with some kind of clear liquid. Call me innocent but I'd never seen carrots & peas in a jar like that before. I wonder how much they were?
And they could have been for charity, who knows I was just gob smacked by them.

Homestead have done the jar of carrots for years, always handy around the house if needed.

hW6Sc.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

29th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼