Ossie Ardiles.

Just watched a documentary about Ossie Ardiles on the box, maybe it's done the rounds I am not always at home to see a lot of TV.

What a gent, utterly honest, modest and caring and the way The Falklands conflict affected him, it was salutary in the best possible way. A remarkable, intelligent and civil man not to mention quite a footballer.

Had the pleasure of meeting Osvaldo just before the World Cup earlier this year at a WC preview event. Was an absolute gent. Really funny guy and gave a great talk about his career and about 78 when the team were under huge pressure from both the public and the Government. Afterwards he had lots of time for everyone.

Tottingham..? Pringles

I quite believe that delzer. I haven't looked it up anywhere but something rumbling in my mind he was studying Law at one time. Not your average footie player that's for sure.Hadn't realised he had a terrible accident in The Falkland a years this coming January with his son and Ricky Villa and not sure who else cameraman probably it happened as they were shooting the Documentary on way back from a war cemetery

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼