Official UEFA Champions League 23/24 Thread

Out of interest what league do ye both think is the strongest in Europe?

I think theres not a whole lot in it year to year.

Certainly not as much as those dildos on TNT.

The best sides in Spain, Germany and Italy are more than a match for those who qualify from England.

City are ahead of everyone at the moment but the fact they have a roster of about 25 world class players tends to distort things.

Hopefully they are flahed from Extra Time last night and Chelsea turn them over.

In the Kiev final Liverpool were well in it, arguably having the better of it, until Salah's injury. Real were the better side for the hour after that & deserved the win. Liverpool were shell-shocked by the Karius mistakes. Would've preferred to have just lost 1-0 to that magnificant Bale goal. You can't do much with a moment of elite quality like that.

In the Paris final Liverpool were unlucky. Real created very little and Courtois had a cracker of a game - MOTM if I recall? In a very Real Madrid way they took the only real chance of quality that that had all night & hung on in for the win.

Not sure how anyone could look at that game and think "Real Madrid really outplayed Liverpool tonight" though.

Erra calm down lads, I was just offering English sides losses to sides from other leagues in European finals as an illustration of my point.

As for the 2022 final, Liverpool didn’t lay a glove on Madrid in the 2nd half. They closed the game out comfortably.

Thats how you outplay someone you overly sensitive jessies.

Top post.

You see it in the Red Cafe forum

Fellas saying Championship teams would beat most European sides. Totally delusional Brit crap.

If Lukaku wasnt a total donkey Inter should have won the final last year. Madrid outplayed Liverpool in their two recent final meeting. Villareal turned over United in the Europa final

The idea the premier league is the best by some distance is nonsense. They pay the highest wages. Theres a big difference.
As deluded as those thinking Celtic and Rangers wouldn't be relegation fodder in the EPL

Yeah, there's no doubting the pulling power of the PL for Europe's and the world's best up and coming players. In terms of squad value and salary paying power, the average PL club is miles ahead of the average club everywhere else.

Does this guarantee success in European comps every year? No, it doesn't.

Anyone think Haaland the younger might be thinking of an exit to a club where hes going to be the main man and not look a bit of a tit fitting into a tippy tappy system?

Hardly got a ball last night.

I think theres not a whole lot in it year to year.

Certainly not as much as those dildos on TNT.

The best sides in Spain, Germany and Italy are more than a match for those who qualify from England.

City are ahead of everyone at the moment but the fact they have a roster of about 25 world class players tends to distort things.

Hopefully they are flahed from Extra Time last night and Chelsea turn them over.
That would be ideal but I'd expect a reaction from City.

Saying that Chelsea are on an upward curve lately and have gotten a result off City already this season.

That would be ideal but I'd expect a reaction from City.

Saying that Chelsea are on an upward curve lately and have gotten a result off City already this season.

Not arsed looking it up but I think they're 8 games unbeaten.

Not gonna pay for the Cork/Kerry game so will most likely watch it.

The Cole lad has hit a bit of a purple patch.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼