New York

Duffs

Banned
Due to visit at end of year.

I'm flying into Newark. What's the best/cheapest way to get into Manhatten from there.

Staying near Times Square.

Give me some good places to eat.

Will be doing a bus tour. Which is the best?

Not keen on using the Subway.

Friends have told me not to bother with the Empire State Building. Do you agree?

I wouldn't mind visiting Ellis Island. Is it worth it and is it difficult getting to it from Manhatten.

Thanks in advance.

Empire state is grand but I didn't think it amazing. Much preferred the flatiron building. Still worth a wander past it though

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

Where did you all eat breakfast, lunch, dinner? Recommendations welcome. (I really don't want to have breakfast in the hotel.)

Any places to avoid?

Take the train about $13. Shuttle train from airport to Newark Penn, change there and pay. Then take train to Penn station NYC. About 8 blocks from Times Sq area.
Subway is grand. If you do want to take in a highrise, top of the rock would be ok. Views south and north towards Central Pk. Plenty of diners, bars etc for food.
Ellis and Liberty islands are on the 1 ticket. Not sure of the price.

Prob be $50 to $60. The train is grand, right in to Penn Station prob 10 min walk from your hotel.
Other option is a shuttle bus. Prob $20 odd for a shared ride. Mini bus job. Drawback is you may be the last drop.

Prob be $50 to $60. The train is grand, right in to Penn Station prob 10 min walk from your hotel.
Other option is a shuttle bus. Prob $20 odd for a shared ride. Mini bus job. Drawback is you may be the last drop.

Cheers H.

We'll probably take in a Broadway Show while we're there. I assume it's best to book well in advance. Which website would you recommend?

We're hoping to go in November.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼