Need digital photo done for J1/US visa

Where is the best place to go to in the city centre to get this done?

Take one on a phone or digital camera and submit it with the online app. It'll be accepted by the site. Then on the morning of your embassy meeting, go to the pharmacy next to the embassy. They'll take the pictures that meet the US requirements and you can bring them with you into the appointment. When you go up to the window they'll tell you your digital submission isn't good enough, at which point you give them the one from the pharmacy. Trust me, I've done this a lot.

Take one on a phone or digital camera and submit it with the online app. It'll be accepted by the site. Then on the morning of your embassy meeting, go to the pharmacy next to the embassy. They'll take the pictures that meet the US requirements and you can bring them with you into the appointment. When you go up to the window they'll tell you your digital submission isn't good enough, at which point you give them the one from the pharmacy. Trust me, I've done this a lot.

The requirements for the U.S. Visa are very specific and the average photo from your local pharmacy or a machine (do they still exist) won't work. I brought multiple samples to make sure because I needed everything to work out ASAP so I could get back here for work. Saw multiple people get sent across the road to the pharmacys to have their photos taken. If it happened early enough in the morning they just came back and went to the back of the line (in appointment terms). If it happened later in the day, tough luck, and it was back home to book another appointment. *A balls*

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I might get some done here and then some in the pharmacy by the embassy to be double prepared. Haven't booked my embassy app yet (waiting on my ds-2019) but hopefully ill get an ok appointment time

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I might get some done here and then some in the pharmacy by the embassy to be double prepared. Haven't booked my embassy app yet (waiting on my ds-2019) but hopefully ill get an ok appointment time

The ones you get done down in Cork won't work. Just wasting your money. There are a couple of places right next to the embassy in Dublin that do it. They know exactly what the staff there wants because they have people sent across to them multiple times a day. If you do want one done in Cork then make sure you tell the person in the pharmacy to make sure your face is much bigger in the picture than what is usually required.
Also, it takes about 7-10 days to get an appointment so book it well in advance in case anything goes wrong. Finally, it costs 2.40 euro a minut to call the embassy so have everything ready when you call them to schedule. Call first thing in the morning too because you will be put on hold during busier times (still 2.40 p/m). Good luck otherwise. It's a formality once you have your paperwork in order.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Lou
Arty's Bar, Ballincollig, Cork

27th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joseph Heffernan Residency

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼