Muhammad Ali RIP

A Legend.

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."

“Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”

"You know Ali is a nut. You can tell what a normal man is going to do, but you can't tell what a nut is going to do and Ali is a nut." - Liston, two years after losing his crown.

A brilliant boxer and sportsman, but the more I read about him, the less I admired him. His treatment of Joe Frazier was just shameful for one thing.

Still, cant take away his achievements. Olympic gold medal as an amateur. As a pro, the Foreman and 1st and 3rd Frazier fights are all time classics and he won 2 of them. The other was his first fight after a 3 year hiatus. In the pantheon of great sports people of the 20th century, he will always be in the top tier.

P.S: Anybody posting the "iconic" photo of him standing over Sonny Liston, please think twice. That fight was fixed.

I don't believe that there has ever been any compelling evidence to back that up. Plenty of conspiracy theories, but no evidence.

A brilliant boxer and sportsman, but the more I read about him, the less I admired him. His treatment of Joe Frazier was just shameful for one thing.

Still, cant take away his achievements. Olympic gold medal as an amateur. As a pro, the Foreman and 1st and 3rd Frazier fights are all time classics and he won 2 of them. The other was his first fight after a 3 year hiatus. In the pantheon of great sports people of the 20th century, he will always be in the top tier.

P.S: Anybody posting the "iconic" photo of him standing over Sonny Liston, please think twice. That fight was fixed.

So was the Munster final in Killarney last year. ;)

ALI
Only 3 letters to his name that everyone knows in Ireland and around the world . What a legend of a man and person.
I think and open to correction his fight in Croke Park was the first foreign sports allowed.
RIP ALI

So was the Munster final in Killarney last year. ;)
Blackie
He apologized to Fraser and it was wrong what he said at the time .No doubt about that but ALI was at smokin Joe's funeral and welcomed by his family. It was just selling fights I think at the time and both of them understood later in life it was Don "the" King was making money unlike both of them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼