Motorway Crashes

ocides

Banned
Another tragic crash on the M6 yesterday evening where a car was driving down the wrong side of the motorway. This has been happening a lot lately.

I don't have a solution but surely something could be done to prevent this happening so often.

I remember driving down from the North once and a van on the other side driving a bit erratically in their over taking lane, flashing lights 2 lads out the window waving arms. Took a second to realise there was a car on my side coming right at me in the overtaking lane and they were doing it to alert us.

Got some fright all the same. It was an old fella oblivious to everything.
Probably Sound-y.

Another tragic crash on the M6 yesterday evening where a car was driving down the wrong side of the motorway. This has been happening a lot lately.

I don't have a solution but surely something could be done to prevent this happening so often.

Big problem for the drivers if they do find that they're somehow on the wrong carriageway - how to get off quickly. It's not as though they can do a 3 point turn. Slipways are few and far between

Only thing I can think of would be those spring loaded ramp or spikes which go down for traffic from one direction but stay up from the other. That would prevent the car getting onto the motorway in the wrong direction in the first place, before tehy become a danger to themselves and other drivers

I remember driving down from the North once and a van on the other side driving a bit erratically in their over taking lane, flashing lights 2 lads out the window waving arms. Took a second to realise there was a car on my side coming right at me in the overtaking lane and they were doing it to alert us.

Got some fright all the same.

Narrowly avoided getting hit by a woman doing similar by Little Island a few years ago, she hit the car a few in front of me and span , debris all over the place. I managed to react to swerve away from the collision. Got some fright all the same.

Emergency services were on the scene pretty quickly. The Guard who spoke to me said she had tried the same up by Mahon shortly beforehand.

Daft c*nt. Fair enough if you want to top yourself but why try to take other people with you?

Narrowly avoided getting hit by a woman doing similar by Little Island a few years ago, she hit the car a few in front of me and span , debris all over the place. I managed to react to swerve away from the collision. Got some fright all the same.

Emergency services were on the scene pretty quickly. The Guard who spoke to me said she had tried the same up by Mahon shortly beforehand.

Daft c*nt. Fair enough if you want to top yourself but why try to take other people with you?

Because people intent on taking their own lives generally aren't thinking logically!

Got some fright all the same. It was an old fella oblivious to everything.
Probably Sound-
y.

Or Lee.

Drove down the slipway onto the M1 at Dundalk a few years ago.
Into fast lane, a car in the distance in front, but looming larger. I don't think the cognitive apparatus is set up for this so it took me a few seconds to realize that it was coming towards me.

An ancient aul boy, obviously got on the wrong side further up the motorway. It frightened the life out of me.

Parent of acquaintances of my kids did a 'suicide by wrongway driving' near Dundalk a few years ago too.

Happened to me, on the off ramp to Shannon airport. Car tearing down the hill, in the wrong direction. For a second or two, I thought I was the one in the wrong. Then, I pulled into the grass & we passed each other.

A few seconds later, I heard a Garda siren - read afterwards that it was a stolen car.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Best Of Cork Summer Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼