Motorsport 2021

Or they could just accept the result - like they should have done yesterday.
Hamilton was given break after break during the course of the season to make sure it was brought to the wire. Do they think they orchestrated the crash - that's insane levels of conspiracy - 2 grounds of appeal were shot down yesterday. Verstappen was the better driver all season despite the FIA hauling Hamilton back into it with penalties and grid demotions.

As I said yesterday - have to hand it to Hamilton for having the good grace to go and congratulate Verstappen. Mercedes need to dust themselves down and go again for next year.
They both had decisions they weren't happy with throughout the year. The idea that Hamilton was brought back into the title fight throughout the year by the FIA is nonsense.

This is a world championship, it is not a small deal. This is why they are in the sport. I don't think Masi intentionally orchestrated the incident but he messed up in a big way. The safety car procedure has been the same for years now, we've had races finish under the safety car and that's what should have happened yesterday. Masi bottled it under pressure and there is no excuse for it. There have been calls for years for more consistency from the Stewards room and this will hopefully lead to that but Masi must never race direct again. He is simply not good enough. Charlie Whiting would have never done what he did yesterday.

Or they could just accept the result - like they should have done yesterday.
Hamilton was given break after break during the course of the season to make sure it was brought to the wire. Do they think they orchestrated the crash - that's insane levels of conspiracy - 2 grounds of appeal were shot down yesterday. Verstappen was the better driver all season despite the FIA hauling Hamilton back into it with penalties and grid demotions.

As I said yesterday - have to hand it to Hamilton for having the good grace to go and congratulate Verstappen. Mercedes need to dust themselves down and go again for next year.

Fully agreed.

Hamilton wasn't penalised. He was overtaken on the last lap.

Mercedes screwed up in not changing the tyres. Thats sport.

They should park up the sour grapes, theyre just making themselves look terrible.

Going to be interesting to see what Mercedes do on this one. I think they have a case if they bring this to an international tribunal to get the result overturned. The rules weren't followed and the race should have finished under the safety car. A shame the championship was decided by a race director that has been clearly in over his head all season. One thing this championship lacked was consistency in the application of the rules and they'll need to address that come next season. I think Masi's position is untenable now. Most likely this will pay out with Mercedes using their huge weight to have him removed as race director moving forward. Their argument will be if you aren't playing by the rules or are not going to address wrongdoings when they happen then we aren't going to be involved in the sport anymore which is a gap I don't think the sport could address over the winter. Since Masi decided the fate of the WDC with his mistake yesterday, his removal is a minimum I would settle for if I were Merc.
20211213_110844.jpg

Going to be interesting to see what Mercedes do on this one. I think they have a case if they bring this to an international tribunal to get the result overturned. The rules weren't followed and the race should have finished under the safety car. A shame the championship was decided by a race director that has been clearly in over his head all season. One thing this championship lacked was consistency in the application of the rules and they'll need to address that come next season. I think Masi's position is untenable now. Most likely this will pay out with Mercedes using their huge weight to have him removed as race director moving forward. Their argument will be if you aren't playing by the rules or are not going to address wrongdoings when they happen then we aren't going to be involved in the sport anymore which is a gap I don't think the sport could address over the winter. Since Masi decided the fate of the WDC with his mistake yesterday, his removal is a minimum I would settle for if I were Merc.

Don't think it was that the rules weren't followed entirely; they state that the race director has discretion in the deployment of the SC. He made a decision that suited Red Bull but it wasn't totally against the rules per se.
There is an unwritten rule and ethos that states races should be resolved on the track as much as possible.
"Toto, it's a motor race"

Don't think it was that the rules weren't followed entirely; they state that the race director has discretion in the deployment of the SC. He made a decision that suited Red Bull but it wasn't totally against the rules per se.
There is an unwritten rule and ethos that states races should be resolved on the track as much as possible.
"Toto, it's a motor race"
I understand Masi's intention but he can't just change procedure at the drop of a hat.

They have stated that section 15.3 allows them to ignore the wording of section 48.12. And they are relying on 15.3(e). But that section only concerns the power to deploy or withdraw the safety car. All procedures for deploying or withdrawing the safety car is outside the powers in section 15 3(e). We have not heard the last of this. And it could have unexpected consequences if the FIA does not sort this out in a manner that satisfies Mercedes.

SECTION 15.3

15.3 The clerk of the course shall work in permanent consultation with the Race Director. The Race Director shall have overriding authority in the following matters and the clerk of the course may give orders in respect of them only with his express agreement:
a) The control of practice, sprint qualifying session and the race, adherence to the timetable
and, if he deems it necessary, the making of any proposal to the stewards to modify the timetable in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
b) The stopping of any car in accordance with the Code or Sporting Regulations.
c) The stopping of practice, suspension of a sprint qualifying session or suspension of the race in accordance with the Sporting Regulations if he deems it unsafe to continue and ensuring that the correct restart procedure is carried out.
d) The starting procedure.
e) The use of the safety car.

Section 15.3(e) simply says the Race Director has the power to order the deployment and withdrawal of the safety car at his discretion. By their ruling, they have extended the limits of this power. I think Mercedes will challenge the interpretation of section 15.3(e) to find out if the power intended by section 15.3(e) was correctly understood by Race Control and the Race Director.

It comes down to whether the FIA would back Masi at the expense of upsetting Mercedes. If they back Masi, then they will be opening a new can of worms by saying the rules are open to interpretation of the Race Director and are only there as a guide. This would be very problematic as it would open up the regulation to various interpretations depending on the politics of the moment.

If the FIA does not agree with Masi, it is very difficult for Masi to continue to hold that position going forward. As there would be a serious dent in Masi's integrity. He would not be able to command the respect of the paddock as a consequence. I think Mercedes and most of the grid willl not trust Masi after this race weekend anyway.

I hope it does not result in the beginning of Mercedes' withdrawal from the formula. But if it did, l would not be surprised at all.

Lol salty

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼