Motorsport 2021

Results stand. Max is world champion.

Still think Masi and the stewards will be called to Paris and made explain their decisions to the World Motor Sport Council.

Onwards to the courts.
Reminds one slightly of Hamilton's maiden title win when overtaking Glock at the final bend in Brazil with Massa already celebrating.

Interesting comment from Bernie Eccleston earlier in the week, one I don't entirely disagree with, that he rated Prost as best F1 driver he's seen.

Results stand. Max is world champion.

Still think Masi and the stewards will be called to Paris and made explain their decisions to the World Motor Sport Council.
Watching the last lap again there, Hamilton looked like he was trying get Max to pass him when it was just the two of them behind the safety car before final lap. Kind of sneaky all the same.

Last edited:
From twitter...:ROFLMAO:

FGNEKtnXwAYYZ62

Going to be interesting to see what Mercedes do on this one. I think they have a case if they bring this to an international tribunal to get the result overturned. The rules weren't followed and the race should have finished under the safety car. A shame the championship was decided by a race director that has been clearly in over his head all season. One thing this championship lacked was consistency in the application of the rules and they'll need to address that come next season. I think Masi's position is untenable now. Most likely this will pay out with Mercedes using their huge weight to have him removed as race director moving forward. Their argument will be if you aren't playing by the rules or are not going to address wrongdoings when they happen then we aren't going to be involved in the sport anymore which is a gap I don't think the sport could address over the winter. Since Masi decided the fate of the WDC with his mistake yesterday, his removal is a minimum I would settle for if I were Merc.

Going to be interesting to see what Mercedes do on this one. I think they have a case if they bring this to an international tribunal to get the result overturned. The rules weren't followed and the race should have finished under the safety car. A shame the championship was decided by a race director that has been clearly in over his head all season. One thing this championship lacked was consistency in the application of the rules and they'll need to address that come next season. I think Masi's position is untenable now. Most likely this will pay out with Mercedes using their huge weight to have him removed as race director moving forward. Their argument will be if you aren't playing by the rules or are not going to address wrongdoings when they happen then we aren't going to be involved in the sport anymore which is a gap I don't think the sport could address over the winter. Since Masi decided the fate of the WDC with his mistake yesterday, his removal is a minimum I would settle for if I were Merc.
Or they could just accept the result - like they should have done yesterday.
Hamilton was given break after break during the course of the season to make sure it was brought to the wire. Do they think they orchestrated the crash - that's insane levels of conspiracy - 2 grounds of appeal were shot down yesterday. Verstappen was the better driver all season despite the FIA hauling Hamilton back into it with penalties and grid demotions.

As I said yesterday - have to hand it to Hamilton for having the good grace to go and congratulate Verstappen. Mercedes need to dust themselves down and go again for next year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..
More events ▼