Mayoral plebiscite

Just watched a today tonight (whatever the current version is) item on this now.
I would be pro elected mayor including a (temp) administration but this fig leaf of a first effort includes a package that will cost 250€k+

Why do we always end up with mad shit like that?

I’m torn now... want to progress towards an accountable mayor but am wholly unconvinced that paying shitloads of cash to the numpties we tend to get is going to bring us to a bright new dawn.

Ps. No one even knows we will be getting this piece of paper when voting, there will be confusion.

Better and more accountable local government is surely a good thing. A No vote here will send a firm message to central government that Cork does not want improved local government.

A directly elected mayor would be a good thing for the city in my view. The cost would be the same as a junior minister. Those lobbying against the cost should vote in favour of the proposal, and then nominate a candidate to run in the election who will do the job for free.
That way the people can decide.

Just watched a today tonight (whatever the current version is) item on this now.
I would be pro elected mayor including a (temp) administration but this fig leaf of a first effort includes a package that will cost 250€k+

Why do we always end up with mad shit like that?

I’m torn now... want to progress towards an accountable mayor but am wholly unconvinced that paying shitloads of cash to the numpties we tend to get is going to bring us to a bright new dawn.

Ps. No one even knows we will be getting this piece of paper when voting, there will be confusion.

Add another 75k to that.

Shannon more or less proved in a minute the reason we don’t need this new role for Mayor.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Bernard Casey and Guests
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼