Martin McGuinness

ocides

Banned
Hard to believe he's dead two years today.

He might not have been everybody's cup of tea but he certainly made great sacrifices in his latter years in the name of peace. His ultimate aim was a 32 county Ireland and that's only a matter of time.

To borrow a phrase 'He did the country some service'.

RIP Martin.

He had an aura about him, even opponents admitted he played a
huge part in helping bringing about peace, without him the hardlinne republicans in places like east tyrone south armagh wouuld not have come on board,

Hard to believe he's dead two years today.

He might not have been everybody's cup of tea but he certainly made great sacrifices in his latter years in the name of peace. His ultimate aim was a 32 county Ireland and that's only a matter of time.

To borrow a phrase 'He did the country some service'.

RIP Martin.

What sacrifices?

Throw up a list there.

He had kind of political skills sadly lacking in the current SF leadership, the toxic femininity of Mary Lou, Louise O'Reilly and Michelle O'Neill is destroying the party he helped to build up.

He had kind of political skills sadly lacking in the current SF leadership, the toxic femininity of Mary Lou, Louise O'Reilly and Michelle O'Neill is destroying the party he helped to build up.

Toxic femininity???? :shock:
I happen to know Louise O'Reilly quite well having dealt with her over a number of years - long before she ran for public office. We'd have a bit of slagging over the dubs and Cork doing the double and so on. She's certainly a strong character, and negotiator, but I can state for a fact she's not a "feminazi" or anything like it. I recall meeting her at Martin's funeral as well and we had probably our longest chat together there in a while.

I wouldn't claim to know MLMD as well, but while she's a strong advocate for womens' rights and recognition as well it certainly isn't toxic femininity either. Can't say one way or the other about MON as I've only met her a couple of times, but she didn't give that impression.

Toxic femininity :lol:

Toxic femininity???? :shock:
I happen to know Louise O'Reilly quite well having dealt with her over a number of years - long before she ran for public office. We'd have a bit of slagging over the dubs and Cork doing the double and so on. She's certainly a strong character, and negotiator, but I can state for a fact she's not a "feminazi" or anything like it. I recall meeting her at Martin's funeral as well and we had probably our longest chat together there in a while.

I wouldn't claim to know MLMD as well, but while she's a strong advocate for womens' rights and recognition as well it certainly isn't toxic femininity either. Can't say one way or the other about MON as I've only met her a couple of times, but she didn't give that impression.

Toxic femininity :lol:

Am i correct in saying michelle was born in fermoy?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Duke Special
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Zion Train

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼