Mark Murphy Garage, Douglas

Got a good quote of them for work on the car, fair few bob but came in well under other places

Just wondering if anyone here use them , has good or bad stories ?

Have been looking for online reviews but cant find a whole lot

sound, in advance

Got a good quote of them for work on the car, fair few bob but came in well under other places

Just wondering if anyone here use them , has good or bad stories ?

Have been looking for online reviews but cant find a whole lot

sound, in advance

Used them a few times. Didn't think they were cheap but they did a good job and seemed fairly decent guys. Would be still using them if I still lived around Douglas.

used them more than once and will be back- only good stories...reliable and good quality jobs for fair enough prices...i rate them higher than main dealerships...

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything bad about them.

I'm always extremely cynical of anything I'm told by mechanics especially in the plush environs of a main dealership. I spent 300e+ in Nov 2011 in main dealer (I had to go there because it was a specific VW part I needed and I got some other work done too). Afterwards they told me I needed another 400e done to the car to bring it up to "standard".

hat they're talking about is the volkswagon recommended safety standard and not what the actual experts that created the NCT say is safe. That dinky doo they pull means you end up spending a lot more than you need to.

My car passed the NCT two weeks ago, nearly 18 months later and I never had the work they recommended done as I was very skeptical it needed to be done given the bullshitty vibe I got from them. The tone from the main dealer was very serious as if the car was about to fall apart unless I spent this cash. Very cynical in my opinion.

Another trick of the main dealers is that when they quote you a price the parts they include are always from the car manufacturer themselves. You have to specifically ask for the cheaper generic parts from a motor factors. They're nearly always the same thing (and in many cases actually produced by the same factory!) but usually much much cheaper.

Micksgarage.ie is a good way to gauge part price quickly as well so the wool isn't pulled over your eyes.

Unfortunately, this is a garage that will charge you even when they haven’t rectified the issue. Then, when you try to discuss the issue in a calm and sensible manner they start shouting and put the phone down. I believe it is because I am a lady and think they are sexist. Can’t imagine a man would get this inappropriate response to a simple question. Bullying and intimidating! Avoid them!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼