Little things that are immensely satisfying

I've a couple of smallies around here somewhere.

Didn't realise that the Easter bunny has become such a monster!
Friends of the missus holding big elaborate Easter egg hunts (as if you need to hunt an egg).
Forcing relatives to dress up in bunny suits and eat wet soggy chocolate.
The Easter bunny wasn't something me or any of my friends believed in growing up.
Are kids supposed to believe in it now?
Were me and my friends just deprived as kids?
We still got the eggs which is all we really cared about tbphwy.
To be honest, there was no easter bunny in my house when I was a kid and I am still somewhat winging it in terms of what it actually does!

In our house, the Easter bunny takes their easter eggs and hides them from them around the house. While doing so, the bunny sometimes drops a few treats (small bags of haribo or the likes). The Easter bunny also leaves some art and craft supplies for them so they can make easter cards and decorations.

When I was a child my older brothers (who were all working) would arrive home on holy Thursday and bring easter eggs, which would be put on top of the piano until Easter Sunday morning. Myself and the other small children of the house would spend all day Good Friday staring at them longingly because there was fuck all else to do and nothing on the TV. Ah, the 80s ;-)

I've a couple of smallies around here somewhere.

Didn't realise that the Easter bunny has become such a monster!
Friends of the missus holding big elaborate Easter egg hunts (as if you need to hunt an egg).
Forcing relatives to dress up in bunny suits and eat wet soggy chocolate.
The Easter bunny wasn't something me or any of my friends believed in growing up.
Are kids supposed to believe in it now?
Were me and my friends just deprived as kids?
We still got the eggs which is all we really cared about tbphwy.
The easter bunny is new for me as well.. its a bit of a pain in the hoop and the kids saw through our lack of enthusiasm etc fairly quickly. We figured the easter bunny brought the eggs so it involved distracting the kids and hiding them around the garden and house, them finding the eggs, and then the inevitable fight about who found more, or who had more big ones etc etc

Now thats gone they just get handed the eggs like it used be!

The easter bunny is new for me as well.. its a bit of a pain in the hoop and the kids saw through our lack of enthusiasm etc fairly quickly. We figured the easter bunny brought the eggs so it involved distracting the kids and hiding them around the garden and house, them finding the eggs, and then the inevitable fight about who found more, or who had more big ones etc etc

Now thats gone they just get handed the eggs like it used be!
The schools ran a really good on at the Waterworks on the Lee Road. There was a quiz thing that they had to hunt for clues for, and then once they had answered all the questions they exchanged the answer sheet for an easter egg. Much easier!

There was a similar thing in Fota. Answer 20 questions hidden around the park and they got a sticker and a badge.

If I was ever organising an egg hunt again that's how I would do it. Greatly cuts down on the tears and tantrums!

The schools ran a really good on at the Waterworks on the Lee Road. There was a quiz thing that they had to hunt for clues for, and then once they had answered all the questions they exchanged the answer sheet for an easter egg. Much easier!

There was a similar thing in Fota. Answer 20 questions hidden around the park and they got a sticker and a badge.

If I was ever organising an egg hunt again that's how I would do it. Greatly cuts down on the tears and tantrums!
That sounds like a better plan alright.. hindsight and all that!

I dunno, I think theres too many things that the kids realise are not real and that erodes their confidence a bit earlier with Christmas.

I got busted on the tooth fairy really early with my young fella because i had no cash and it was late, so i took a fiver from his wallet and left that under the pillow. In the morning he took one look at it said that the fiver was the one my dad had given him before he died as he had memorised the serial code on it because he wouldn't ever spend it!

Right then

That sounds like a better plan alright.. hindsight and all that!

I dunno, I think theres too many things that the kids realise are not real and that erodes their confidence a bit earlier with Christmas.

I got busted on the tooth fairy really early with my young fella because i had no cash and it was late, so i took a fiver from his wallet and left that under the pillow. In the morning he took one look at it said that the fiver was the one my dad had given him before he died as he had memorised the serial code on it because he wouldn't ever spend it!

Right then
Little fucker should never have had a fiver or a wallet, Mangey, and you know it, ya Dublin 8 culchie, ya.

I updated my tragis piercing earring. It's smaller and nice and a lovely blue colour. I'd prefer to have the same earring as the daith piercing but couldn't find it anywhere.
Going to get another nose piercing soon and my first tattoo

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mark Lyndon
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

9th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼