Lets gets ready to Rumble

From Red FM Facebook page:

BRAVE MCDONALD'S STAFF - "Would like to send my sincere thanks to all the McDonald's staff on Winthrop street in the city that were working at around 6.30pm yesterday. In broad daylight the restaurant was full including children and I was with my young cousin after a lovely day shopping with her communion money. Anyway as we left the counter we heard a lot of shouting outside. All of a sudden the shouting turned in to a huge brawl that ended up falling in to the restaurant and up by the counters even knocking registers.

It was a group of around 7 people men & woman from ages 21-40s maybe but it was hard to tell. One was 8 months pregnant as she was screaming that she was. It was the most disgusting event I ever witnessed in cork ever.

As I am from very close to the city and work there I am in there all the time and for the first time I was ashamed of my life. I finally realised this drug problem people are on about is really and truly alive.

As these people were clearly out of it bating and tearing the head off each other in front of families and elderly people. As there was no security at this time nor Garda presence it was up to the young men and women of McDonald's staff to put themselves at risk to get these animals out and protect the customers.

I would really like to thank the staff as that is clearly not in their job description but they really did have the public and children in mind . Also another thanks to the lovely woman working there who could not stop apologising to us with my young cousin and let us out the side door as we felt very unsafe to go out the front door.

I cannot come on air due to work but just wanted to get my thanks out there to the workers and Shame on those disgusting people. I heard were fighting for a packet of rollies!"

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼