Junior A Hurling Championship 2024

Underage is definitely thriving in Ballinora lately, we’ve of course got the added benefit of location which does make a difference admittedly, but I’d be expecting the club to push on big time in the next decade in both hurling and football.

Underage is definitely thriving in Ballinora lately, we’ve of course got the added benefit of location which does make a difference admittedly, but I’d be expecting the club to push on big time in the next decade in both hurling and football.
First step would be to win Junior A hurling county. I think they could do it this year

Even clubs like Dromina. They don’t even have an underage yet they are able to have a say in the North Cork championship. It’s great in fairness to them
They're joined up with Newtown underage. Nearly always playing premier or a high grade underage. The issue with them is numbers wouldn't be massive. Very strong spine to the team and they've two very good minors and two transfers in this year that will add the depth they've been lacking!

Looks like Avondhu is shaping up to be very competitive again this year. Couple of strong teams there and think it’s between Dromina , Kilshannig and Harbour Rovers. Wouldn’t rule out Clyda either.

Looks like Avondhu is shaping up to be very competitive again this year. Couple of strong teams there and think it’s between Dromina , Kilshannig and Harbour Rovers. Wouldn’t rule out Clyda either.
Throw LC Gaels and Ballyhooly into the mix too. They could all beat those aforementioned teams on their day.

Very hard championship to call. The experience of winning that Harbour Rovers have may stand to them.

Throw LC Gaels and Ballyhooly into the mix too. They could all beat those aforementioned teams on their day.

Very hard championship to call. The experience of winning that Harbour Rovers have may stand to them.
Although they have some decent hurlers, I Dont think LC Gaels have the age profile required to go all the way for another couple of years.

Junior b hurling semi finals on this weekend, o donovan rossa vs iveleary on saturday, buttevant vs ballyclough ( hon the claw ) on friday . How do we think these will go?

Junior b hurling semi finals on this weekend, o donovan rossa vs iveleary on saturday, buttevant vs ballyclough ( hon the claw ) on friday . How do we think these will go?
Buttevant will walk this competition although missing 1 or 2 key players from what I believe… realistically are too good for Junior B but let’s see what they can do next year When/If they make the step up to Junior A. They have a solid enough team to compete and the addition of young O’Brien who was a Cork Minor panellist this year will give them a massive boost for the future .

Rumour is Ballyclough are struggling for numbers so can’t see them making it any further then Friday evening.

I’d expect Iveleary to be too strong for O Donovan Rossa although o haven’t seen them play this year O Donovan Rossa were very poor against Buttevant … 1 or 2 decent hurlers max.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼