John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

I know this isn't exactly related to this thread but can anyone explain why professional footballers insist on tearing holes at the back of their socks? Can't get my head around why...
In theory: to relieve perceived pressure on their calfs.

But to a large degree it's more of a superstition thing for most players.

Very long article in the Times about it a few weeks back.

this has been fairly irksome to me as well.

horse up the article there.

Ireland one goal down after 26 minutes, a soft goal from a free kick that should have been kept out, shades of the dreaded Stephen Kenny era.

Btw, who is the co-commentator? My guess is Tony Cascarino but I suspect I am wrong.

Ireland one goal down after 26 minutes, a soft goal from a free kick that should have been kept out, shades of the dreaded Stephen Kenny era.

Btw, who is the co-commentator? My guess is Tony Cascarino but I suspect I am wrong.
Gary Breen. For reasons only known to themselves, VMTV sports people have watched Premier Sports EPL coverage and decided it was a good idea to hire him.

Another goal from outside the box conceded by Bazunu. Should have done much better. Switzerland waltzing through our midfield

Has them set up well for the quality we lack, Bazunu a bit shaky but impressed with Szmodics, get him more central and behind Ferguson.

Wait wut, I heard we were kings of Europe again the other day because we looked alright against the Belgiques in a friendly...or so said Rebelwhateverhisnameis cos he hates Kenny so much.

Wait wut, I heard we were kings of Europe again the other day because we looked alright against the Belgiques in a friendly...or so said Rebelwhateverhisnameis cos he hates Kenny so much.
Kenny got a free shot in the semi in Bratislava and then two campaigns after that where he got us nowhere.
Whoever gets the gig I'll be calling for his head if he does the same.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Comedy Club

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼