Ireland tobacco free by 2025

Smaug

Banned
Irish Cancer Society: Standardised packaging is a ‘milestone to tobacco-free Ireland’

TobaccoFree202529Mar17_large.jpg

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...milestone-to-tobacco-free-ireland-446459.html

Simon Harris is like some kind of Jim Henson creation here la, the video in the link is quite amusing to say the least.

https://www.facebook.com/FineGael/videos/10155057095863211/?pnref=story

From September, tobacco must be sold in standardised plain packaging. Almost 6,000 people die from tobacco related disease and tobacco use every year. This measure will help us reach our overall goal of having a tobacco free Ireland by 2025. goo.gl/SZwlFh

I wonder how many of those 6,000 deaths are people actually over 70 years of age? 99.99 % perhaps...

There isn't a hope in hell that Ireland will be smoke free in eight years, or ever for that matter. This is obviously a smoke screen, he's incapable of doing the job at hand, so instead goes on FB with this silly video...

Few comments here lifted from FB.

Daithi ****

What about all the people with Cystic Fibrosis waiting on Orkambi what about Vera Twomey and her daughter Ava and others waiting on you to change the legislation on medicinal cannabis, why can't you change the legislation now your playing with people's life's here change the legislation on medicinal cannabis and save people's life's.

Steve ****

Good idea. Any news on something to actually stop the rise in homelessness, like stopping evictions and using voids, or maybe healthcare, or what about doing something practical for little Ava before she has one seizure too many, and also what about Connolly for the children's hospital as campaigned for by medical experts and parents of sick children. Good news about the cigs packaging though. Did it take all of your effort and that's why you couldn't address the crisis(plural) facing the nation?

Peter ****

Tobacco free is a load of nonsense. All that would do is create another black market as people will still smoke it of they wish you absolute moron. But I suppose you are the fool that fails to legalise cannabis. Want to sort out tobacco further regulate it. Don't allow company's put in the carcinogens they currently do. While it won't make tobacco healthy it will make it more healthy. Stop being a nanny state in people's personal lives.

Eoghan *****

One of the reasons I withdrew support from FG. Nanny staters. The government shouldn't interfere in private matters.

I would favour all smokers being on a national register and paying for a licence (polluter pays and all that)

Furthermore i would do human NCTs every 4 years for smokers under 60 and every year for smokers over 60.

All these systems are in place and would cost the taxpayer very little.

I think they should sell them in tens, cut the price and have a card that registers your purchases limiting you from buying too much. This will cut people down to ten, fifteen a day.

I would favour all smokers being on a national register and paying for a licence (polluter pays and all that)

Furthermore i would do human NCTs every 4 years for smokers under 60 and every year for smokers over 60.

All these systems are in place and would cost the taxpayer very little.

TBF, they do anyway with the taxes and duties they pay on cigs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼