Immigration Thread

I'll listen to any election candidate or anyone here who has a problem with the number of foreigners coming here if they

(1) Aren't posting links to random crimes by immigrants as a childish way of "proving" immigration is bad.

(2) Are not rounding on immigrants that are 'more' foreign than others. i.e. no problem with white Europeans, but posting problems and crimes committed by Asians or black people.

(3) Understand that it's near impossible to STOP boats of asylum seekers arriving on EU shores and we have to deal with it (I agree our system is shite at the moment). Also Ukraine is being bombed to shit and the Russians are intent on wreaking havoc there until Kyiv collapses so we should be sound and understanding about what that must be like for Ukrainians who leave their country.

(4) Understand that other European countries, including our neighbours, are trying to spread the 'burden' so we have to take our fair share and sticking our fingers in our ears shouting 'Ireland is Full' is going to fix fuck all. It's an extremely complex problem that can't be dismissed with simpleton logic "just fuck them out".

(5) Are not considering voting for racist agitators like Derek Blighe, Mick O'Keeffe and other scum looking for clicks, follows and social media subscriptions by screaming at traumatised people coming from war torn and/or 3rd world countries who have likely been through hell to get here. Or you are not using the far right phrases like "military age men" or talking points like "the new plantation". Fuck off.

(6) Understand that immigrants are crucial for our health sector and the wider economy. If you want decent roads, less shit hospitals and all the other stuff that goes with a modern, 1st world economy then we need immigrants. All the young Irish people who were educated for free by Irish tax payers and then fucked off to Australia because they want to go on the piss in the sun for a few years (insert big moan about "lifestyle") have to be replaced by foreign workers.

(7) Understand that we are a profoundly ugly people who have been isolated in a far corner of Europe with our oppressive neighbours for way too long and foreign DNA from Brazilians, Nigerians, Georgians and Poles will do us the world of good as a nation!!!

Sign up for Sloppy's Immigration Discussion Charter today and we can chat borders, burdens and building. :ROFLMAO:
Brilliant post

What a fantastic post. Very interesting discussion on Brendan O’Connor’s radio show yesterday about immigration. The point made was very similar to yours. If we want to retire at 65, have houses built, more Doctors and Nurses etc etc not only do we need immigration but we should be actively encouraging it.
I made this exact point to a local election candidate who called at my door from FF and told him that the governments communication has been extremely poor on this. I mentioned previously about having separate threads on here on immigrants and refugees as they really are 2 different topics..........that discussion went down a rabbit hole along the lines of wat boys X video sharing was providing a public service of some type!

I'll listen to any election candidate or anyone here who has a problem with the number of foreigners coming here if they

(1) Aren't posting links to random crimes by immigrants as a childish way of "proving" immigration is bad.

(2) Are not rounding on immigrants that are 'more' foreign than others. i.e. no problem with white Europeans, but posting problems and crimes committed by Asians or black people.

(3) Understand that it's near impossible to STOP boats of asylum seekers arriving on EU shores and we have to deal with it (I agree our system is shite at the moment). Also Ukraine is being bombed to shit and the Russians are intent on wreaking havoc there until Kyiv collapses so we should be sound and understanding about what that must be like for Ukrainians who leave their country.

(4) Understand that other European countries, including our neighbours, are trying to spread the 'burden' so we have to take our fair share and sticking our fingers in our ears shouting 'Ireland is Full' is going to fix fuck all. It's an extremely complex problem that can't be dismissed with simpleton logic "just fuck them out".

(5) Are not considering voting for racist agitators like Derek Blighe, Mick O'Keeffe and other scum looking for clicks, follows and social media subscriptions by screaming at traumatised people coming from war torn and/or 3rd world countries who have likely been through hell to get here. Or you are not using the far right phrases like "military age men" or talking points like "the new plantation". Fuck off.

(6) Understand that immigrants are crucial for our health sector and the wider economy. If you want decent roads, less shit hospitals and all the other stuff that goes with a modern, 1st world economy then we need immigrants. All the young Irish people who were educated for free by Irish tax payers and then fucked off to Australia because they want to go on the piss in the sun for a few years (insert big moan about "lifestyle") have to be replaced by foreign workers.

(7) Understand that we are a profoundly ugly people who have been isolated in a far corner of Europe with our oppressive neighbours for way too long and foreign DNA from Brazilians, Nigerians, Georgians and Poles will do us the world of good as a nation!!!

Sign up for Sloppy's Immigration Discussion Charter today and we can chat borders, burdens and building. :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely outstanding post, I've tried articulating my frustrations a few times on here, but this hits every nail on the head. Fair play to you and I hope a good few people see this.

I made this exact point to a local election candidate who called at my door from FF and told him that the governments communication has been extremely poor on this. I mentioned previously about having separate threads on here on immigrants and refugees as they really are 2 different topics..........that discussion went down a rabbit hole along the lines of wat boys X video sharing was providing a public service of some type!
Absolutely. Refugees and asylum seekers are totally separate to immigration. If refugees want to transition to immigrants and work then it’d benefit everyone. Some people are too blinded by generic comments and propaganda to understand that our birth rate is too low and we need more younger people in the country.

Asked what issues were very important in the local elections, 68 per cent of voters chose the cost of living, health by 53 per cent, housing by 52 per cent, immigration by 41 per cent and crime by 40 per cent.

For the European elections, the cost of living was chosen by 56 per cent of voters as very important, immigration by 50 per cent, energy costs by 39 per cent, the economy by 37 per cent, and health services for 34 per cent.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride Parade
Grand Parade, Cork

4th Aug 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

Complete Madness Ireland

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼