Immigration Thread

Amazing how all the dodgy white, English speaking, social welfare claiming, legal aid sucking British military age men who were arrested for crimes against women in Ireland don't generate a hint of anti immigrant sentiment. In Cork alone I'm thinking of high profile cases Ian Bailey and Richard Satchwell.

Not a single anti immigration protestor outside any of their court appearances. Not a whisper about tightening up the common travel area or vetting English men who could cruise into any Irish town and groom OUR children or rape and murder OUR women.

[Tucker Carlson face] wHy iS tHaT? Im jUst aSKing qwEstens.

Amazing how all the dodgy white, English speaking, social welfare claiming, legal aid sucking British military age men who were arrested for crimes against women in Ireland don't generate a hint of anti immigrant sentiment. In Cork alone I'm thinking of high profile cases Ian Bailey and Richard Satchwell.

Not a single anti immigration protestor outside any of their court appearances. Not a whisper about tightening up the common travel area or vetting English men who could cruise into any Irish town and groom OUR children or rape and murder OUR women.

Surely a coincidence.

Was down my local the other day for a bite to eat. The new owner/manager is eastern European, the barman was Chinese and the woman serving us was either Iberian or from Central or South America.

I wonder how stuff like that will affect tourism here. The Irishness that the Yanks in particular have a hard-on for is observably going away.

Simple they funded by Tommy Robinson and his band..

Was down my local the other day for a bite to eat. The new owner/manager is eastern European, the barman was Chinese and the woman serving us was either Iberian or from Central or South America.

I wonder how stuff like that will affect tourism here. The Irishness that the Yanks in particular have a hard-on for is observably going away.
In the hospitality sector it has been like that for years, I remember the same thing being said in the mid 2000s when it was mainly Polish.

In the hospitality sector it has been like that for years, I remember the same thing being said in the mid 2000s when it was mainly Polish.
The fact of the matter is you’re going to see a drop off in Yanks visiting the old sod in the coming years. The last Great migration to the freeworld was in our Grandparents time. Don’t expect the great grandchildren or the great great Grandchildren to be taking bus tours around the ring of Kerry in the numbers we are accustomed to.

I don't care what percentage of your shower work in free legal aid.
They are making lovely incomes from that system and that system needs to change, if there was a will by the majority of those that work in your sector, it could be changed.
It has not been, that says enough to me about vested interests.
You say it's not true, just a coincidence so ?

All liberals see is the good side of everyone and pity comes to the fore, so liberals cannot be trusted to rake out scum.
You make this stupid claim about all lawyers though. According to you, this is true of all lawyers.

I've long since said that we should have a public defender system. It would be cheaper and more efficient. Again though, you just ignore this as it doesn't suit your narrative.

If you think that liberals see the good side of everyone, then you don't know what a liberal is. 🤣

Wheres your "fact" coming from Swans?

Tourism From US Set to Grow https://www.tourismireland.com/news...es-looks-poised-for-growth-in-2024-and-beyond

I agree it'd be nice to be served in a bar or restaurant by an Irish person if you're a visitor here. It's a more authentically Irish experience if you're served by someone from Ballyphehane rather than Beirut but there's no facts or evidence to say it's having an effect on tourist numbers.

You could easily argue that you'd rather be served by a nice young enthusiastic Brazilian than some grumpy prick from Ballinlough.

Attachments

• main-qimg-d86771244d6008c0c0734e8026866aa5.jpeg
    main-qimg-d86771244d6008c0c0734e8026866aa5.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Wheres your "fact" coming from Swans?

Tourism From US Set to Grow https://www.tourismireland.com/news...es-looks-poised-for-growth-in-2024-and-beyond

I agree it'd be nice to be served in a bar or restaurant by an Irish person if you're a visitor here. It's a more authentically Irish experience if you're served by someone from Ballyphehane rather than Beirut but there's no facts or evidence to say it's having an effect on tourist numbers.

You could easily argue that you'd rather be served by a nice young enthusiastic Brazilian than some grumpy prick from Ballinlough.
My facts are my own opinions😂

No doubt our American cousins would love to be served a pint by Darby O Gill but chances are they won’t, service jobs in the hospitality sector will be done mostly by immigrants. Last year was down in West Cork and every Second restaurant and pub had advertisement on the window looking for staff. Clearly there is an employment shortfall and the gap will not be filled by our own.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Andy Irvine
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

6th Dec 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼