Immigration Thread

I don't see it as semantics. He is equating having no documents with having false ones, but they are not the same thing. He is also assuming that anyone that arrives with false or missing documentation does so because they themselves have decided to do that, rather than it being at the behest (or insistence) of a trafficker.

I am generally not a fan of the demonisation of desperate people.

Do you imagine that the majority of those arriving without the correct documentation do so un-knowingly? At the behest of a trafficker - who exactly employed the trafficker and why?

How is it that the 85% of the assylum seekers arriving at Dublin Airport - who presumably had to pass through document control at another airport - came without the correct documentation?

Do you believe officials in other airports around the world are deliberately passing assylum seekers on to Ireland - are they all on the make or just turning a blind eye to those dastardly traffickers, or could it possibly be that those asylum seekers aware of the weak legal system in Ireland are deliberately "losing" or destroying their own documents before they land in Dublin.

Minister for Justice Helen McEntee has said that fewer than 100 people have been deported of the 7,300 refused refugee status since the beginning of 2023.

Think about that. Less than 100 of the 7,300 that were REFUSED refugee status were actually deported. They all had legal representation no doubt - kerching for the usual suspects - but at the end of it all LESS than 1.3% having gone through all the legal steps, were refused refugee status, and are STILL here.

Surely even you can see that is utterly bonkers?

If they come and receive refugee status then they're as welcome as the flowers in May as far as I'm concerned, unless and until they commit a serious crime, in which case they've outstayed their welcome. But those who've gone through the process and been refused, then I can see no reason why they should be permitted stay. They should be flown back to the last airport from which they came.

Martin McGuinness must be turning in his grave withe the latest Sinn Fein dog whistle being taken up by right-wing nutters like Nigel Farage for propaganda reasons.
1714034776136.png

1714034862890.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Shlomo Franklin
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼