If something is Fedex'ed to Ireland, who delivers?

a friend (in the back of beyonds, ok , Kerry) has had a parcel Fedex'ed from the US.

How will this get delivered? ( he doesn't have the tracking number to look on the website)

Thanks.

The FedEx courier will come to his house.

At this point, one of two things will happen.

The recipient will be out and the courier will leave it on the doorstep for a neighbour to steal. They're not supposed to do this, but it's a shitty job, so it doesn't matter.

Alternatively, a conscientious courier may take it back to the depot. This will trigger several days of them wanting to deliver during working hours when your friend will be unable to collect it.

It used to sometimes come through An Post SDS (now gone) aswell. But often FedEx deliver it. I've even had a FedEx delivered in an Irish UPS box though.

They just do what they need to in order to meet requirements of delivery.

tom will once he gets off the island
001221_castaway_02.jpg

Getting a FedEx package delivered in Ireland is a cunt. I think it is Interlink have the account and they are a bunch of fuckwits. I wouldn't be suprised if they insist that your friend redevous with the van in a town somewhere.

johnnyboy said:
a friend (in the back of beyonds, ok , Kerry) has had a parcel Fedex'ed from the US.

How will this get delivered? ( he doesn't have the tracking number to look on the website)

Thanks.

He needs to ring 1850 53 58 00 and ask for the import department. He can track it under the receiver name. As it's from outside the EU he will have to pay Vat and Duty on this. Tell him to call them straight away cause they will return it to origin after three days usually.

jungle said:
Alternatively, a conscientious courier may take it back to the depot. This will trigger several days of them wanting to deliver during working hours when your friend will be unable to collect it.

Ya, i eventually had to get a parcel delivered to my workplace. Cost me £5.50 and they called me up looking for my CC details.

jungle said:
The FedEx courier will come to his house.

At this point, one of two things will happen.

The recipient will be out and the courier will leave it on the doorstep for a neighbour to steal. They're not supposed to do this, but it's a shitty job, so it doesn't matter.

Aye. I once had a knock on the door and my uncle was standing there.

Hi! Then he says "Is this yours, you might want to take that in"

I looked down and saw a 60x60x60cm box. It was my new laptop

Cunts left a fucking laptop on my door, and there's no way they knocked cos I was home waiting for it in the front room.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seattle Grunge Experience
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼