How long to get a visa?

I'm contemplating either going to Canada or New Zealand on a year long working holiday, i'm just wondering what the waiting time for visas is for both of these countrys?

Cheers.

I think for NZ you can apply online and you get it within a day or two, if not instantly.

For Canada, there's a shitload of form filling and sending away for stuff that'll take literally months. If you're considering it at all, go and register your interest on the USIT website now and find out about getting police clearance. It'll save you a lot of hassle further down the road.

For Canada, there's a shitload of form filling and sending away for stuff that'll take literally months. If you're considering it at all, go and register your interest on the USIT website now and find out about getting police clearance. It'll save you a lot of hassle further down the road.

if you have a biometric passport you dont need any visa for canada

thats what i was told while i was picking my passport few weeks ago

if you have a biometric passport you dont need any visa for canada

thats what i was told while i was picking my passport few weeks ago

He's thinking of coming on a working holiday visa, a passport will only allow you into the country for as long as the passport control officer allows.
Canadian visas through USIT will be available from Jan 5th I think.

I'm contemplating either going to Canada or New Zealand on a year long working holiday, i'm just wondering what the waiting time for visas is for both of these countrys?

Cheers.
I applied online last week via the NZ immigration website and got my visa decison in over 24 hours. The website said the process could take up to 2 weeks.Plus it costs 60 euro while the Canadian visa is 400euro and you need to book your flight and insurance with USIT which is another scam by the travel agents to rip you off
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/

I applied online last week via the NZ immigration website and got my visa decison in over 24 hours. The website said the process could take up to 2 weeks.Plus it costs 60 euro while the Canadian visa is 400euro and you need to book your flight and insurance with USIT which is another scam by the travel agents to rip you off
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/

why would you want to go through USIT for a working visa in Canada...apply directly to the embassy..the paperwork is not that difficult to understand to fill out...as long as you have something to offer them in terms of a skill, they'll throw work visas at you..

why would you want to go through USIT for a working visa in Canada...apply directly to the embassy..the paperwork is not that difficult to understand to fill out...as long as you have something to offer them in terms of a skill, they'll throw work visas at you..
For the Canadian visa, you cant deal direct with the Canadian High Commission, it has to be through USIT. btw I am talking about the under 35 working visa for Canada. Not sure about the permanent residency visa ffor Canada.For Australia and New Zealand, one can get the visa direct from their department of immigration for half the price of going through an agent.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼