Hopeless Labour representatives

There was a referendum on this a few years ago and it was rejected. ?
There was and it was a big mistake in my opinion. Even the yanks allow kids born to illegal immigrants to be citizens. Not saying we should allow people in here to just have children but there has to be a more caring way.

My wife is here on a visa and was before we met. Our son only attained Irish citizenship and a passport because I’m Irish. That can’t be right.

Anyway we’re going off topic here.

What Bacik wants is to repeal the 27th. https://www.irishlegal.com/articles/senator-ivana-bacik-children-who-are-born-in-ireland-belong-here So if you get into Ireland claim asylum have a kid stay for three years in the system/or in the shadows the child will be Irish and you will get permission to stay.
I wouldn’t agree with that either but repealing the 27th amendment should be done and the issue of people coming here just to have kids should be dealt with in legislation. The 27th amendment was like trying to put out a candle with a firehose.

Local representatives?

Peter Horgan is not a local representative. He’s been rejected by the electorate twice. Himself, John Maher, Tommy Gould and Mick Barry get far too much column inches in the Echo.

I wouldn’t agree with that either but repealing the 27th amendment should be done and the issue of people coming here just to have kids should be dealt with in legislation. The 27th amendment was like trying to put out a candle with a firehose.
Repeal an amendment so soon.?
Can we keep repealing everything the marriage equality etc when will it stop.
It would be mooted by Bacik of course

Repeal an amendment so soon.?
Can we keep repealing everything the marriage equality etc when will it stop.
It would be mooted by Bacik of course
We put far too much rubbish into the constitution to over the last 50 years.
labour a far cry from the days of toddy o sullivan, gerry o sullivan, eileen desmond
They’re pathetic now. Even the left have no respect for them anymore. They won’t come anywhere near a seat in either city constituency next time out.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼