hi guys

hi lads, sorry for my extended absence, been busy busy...much of it with stupid bloody business training courses that bored the crap outta me...

but anyways, nuff bout that..i am here to pick your brains..seeing as i have no other resource of that many irish in one place..

i posted a message on the travel forum saying:

"is there an ID card for irish citizens? I need to send off me passport to the UK driving licence authority, but i need to travel to ireland during the time it's been sent away..

is there an ID card i can get from ireland that will allow me to travel (by air)"

thought perhaps the travel forum was much like the other sub-forums were and was probably rarely used, so if anyone here on the main forum can answer this, that would be great

M

p.s. 9 to 5 sucks

Hey stranger!

Not yet, no.
Sorry.
If it's from UK to Ireland, your driving license should do, but obviously that's what you're trying to obtain.

Also, Ryanair won't fly your without a passport, so make sure it's with another airline.

Indeed it does.

My reply was:
http://www.ryanair.co.uk/faqs/travel.html?id=2

Seems you're just going to have to call the DVLA and get them to hurry up. They might do, actually.

well am just sending it away now (just back from some travel ya see), and me boss said he'd write a letter to accompany the application saying that i very urgently need the passport for a conference (actually true!) on the 7th March...
i dunno if that'll help?

Should do.
Letters like that for work stuff can get you a passport in 36 hours, like, so I can't for the life of me see March being a problem!

well am just sending it away now (just back from some travel ya see), and me boss said he'd write a letter to accompany the application saying that i very urgently need the passport for a conference (actually true!) on the 7th March...
i dunno if that'll help?

You should get away with it. Usually they can do it in 3 business days if memory serves correctly. Costs a bit, but that's a business expense, isn't it?

D'Oriel, if they were turned away, that's a breach of the terms and conditions. It's pretty clear from their website that the will accept a driving license for travel between the UK and Ireland. No matter what a desk jockey says...

You should get away with it. Usually they can do it in 3 business days if memory serves correctly. Costs a bit, but that's a business expense, isn't it?

D'Oriel, if they were turned away, that's a breach of the terms and conditions. It's pretty clear from their website that the will accept a driving license for travel between the UK and Ireland. No matter what a desk jockey says...

Ah, no, this was a European flight.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Big Country
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Complete Madness Ireland

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼