Happy Patrick's Day.

🤔
If hotels can refuse bookings for stag dos for example, can they also refuse to take bookings from the travelling community or could they be open to legal problems?

Certain groups seem to like trying to pay by cash so theyre not liable if they trash the place.

Thankfully you see the courts showing a bit of cop on (on appeal)

🤔
If they can refuse stag dos for fear of damage, why can't they refuse travellers for the same reason?
I've heard a lot about travellers sueing establishments over discrimination. It probably costs less to clean the rooms after plus they do spend a lot of money. Stag dos are a group of men but no culture involved

🤔
They are well known to be trouble just like travellers so I don't understand why hotels can't reserve their right to admission with any troublemakers Mattie.
The Equal Status Acts 2000-2018 (‘the Acts’) prohibit discrimination in the provision of goods and services, accommodation and education. They cover the nine grounds of gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.

The Equal Status Acts 2000-2018 (‘the Acts’) prohibit discrimination in the provision of goods and services, accommodation and education. They cover the nine grounds of gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, and membership of the Traveller community.

👍
Thanks Mattie.
The law is an ass at times!

A friend of mine runs a bar and he might get a phone call for neighbouring establishments that they might be around.
He would tell his bar staff to go into the back room.
When they come in, he just says that he is own behind the bar and is only serving those already there.
Usual works fine.

They are well known to be trouble just like travellers so I don't understand why hotels can't reserve their right to admission with any troublemakers Mattie.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼