Gotta love siptu!

Just walked past the siptu cork office and low and behold a 08 BMW 335i coupe in the employee parking space. Good to know while siptu are lecturing us all about the fat cats and how they are protecting the low paid that they themselves can splash out on such extravagant motors!

Just walked past the siptu cork office and low and behold a 08 BMW 335i coupe in the employee parking space. Good to know while siptu are lecturing us all about the fat cats and how they are protecting the low paid that they themselves can splash out on such extravagant motors!

I saw David Begg, general secretary of the Irish Congress Of Trade Unions, ICTU, deep in conversation with Senator Ronan Mullen in the Merrion Hotel a few weeks ago. They were having coffee.

Mr. Begg can well afford it, since he is on the board of the Central Bank, and has been for some years now. This position affords him a salary of in excess of €45,000 a year. Interestingly, the Central Bank has been responsible for "stress testing" the country's commercial banks, (AIB, Bank Of Ireland, Anglo-Irish Bank, etc....) for some time now, and during Mr. Beggs tenure it repeatedly signalled that "everything was fine."

He is one of the "fatcats" that he repeatedly criticises, and to make things worse, he was responsible for regulating these same fatcats at the height of the property bubble.

Did any unioin leaders take a pay cut ?

They did in their balls. I'd love to see some of the top executives pay. Actin you're spot on too. They are a joke! Love the ole contradictory moral highground they take. Also something worth noting is that currently one of the only mass developments taking place in Dublin city centre at the moment is low and behold Siptus new improved tower! They just make my blood boil I swear and whats worse is all the ejgits that get roped in by them!

arent siptu leaders allowed buy a car ?

Do you know recognise the hypocrisy of it? They are CHARGING THE LOW PAID THAT THEY CLAIM TO REPRESENT THE BEST INTERESTS OF and with that money can afford obviously to pay lavish wages to splash out on such cars. If you don't see the hypocrisy in that there's something wrong with you!

Do you know recognise the hypocrisy of it? They are CHARGING THE LOW PAID THAT THEY CLAIM TO REPRESENT THE BEST INTERESTS OF and with that money can afford obviously to pay lavish wages to splash out on such cars. If you don't see the hypocrisy in that there's something wrong with you!

Would that not be more to do with his position as head of the Central Bank?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

13th Jun 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼