Good cheap hotel in Manchester

Heading to Manchester at the end on November and looking for somewhere cheap -ish to stay in for two nights that is central etc...

I'm down there for an exam in December, seems like there are tons around the Quays - decent enough area?
Might stay around for the weekend as the exam is on a Friday.

We are just back from a 2 day trip to Manchester and stayed in The Ibis off Princess Street which was only a 5 minute walk to the railway station and Picadilly Gardens.
The highlight of our trip was the Police Museum and to my surprise the tour of Coronation street. It really was excellent but my wife was unhappy when i started humming the theme from Eastenders when starting the tour :rolleyes:.
A lovely looking city with impressive old buildings. We took the tram out to Media City where besides The Lowry and the Imperial War Museum i saw a few big empty buildings and car parks with weeds growing everywhere.
To my utter shock and horror i also saw Old Trafford in the distance:mad: lucky enough i had my Rosary Beads,so a few hail Marys and an Our father settled me.
I was impressed with their transport system especially the free Metro Shuttle around the inner city. The pubs were practically empty around where we were staying (near the City center)but the drink was cheap.:D

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼