Fujifilm Travel Camera

Hi all. What would you recommend as decent travel camera in this day of age? I know a lot of people would say to just use my smartphone camera, but I want something a bit better than that in all honesty. I've enjoyed taking photos for years and although I wouldn't profess to be any kind of expert, I do like to use something more capable than a point and shoot. I've been looking at some of the Fujifilm digital cameras for sale online and I'm really impressed with the likes of the X30 and X100T. They are both very compact and have fixed lenses, but retain the quality you would expect of DSLR. Has anybody had any experience of owning or using either of these cameras? Or could you recommend another model or brand? Thanks in advance for any advice.

04.jpg

Last edited:
Fujifilm cameras are excellent; while I don't own one myself (I've already got a Sony A7RII), I borrowed a XT1 from a colleague to play with it for a couple of days and I was positively impressed.
Personally I'd go for interchangeable lenses for the flexibility:
https://www.fujifilm.eu/ie/products/digital-cameras/interchangeable-lens-cameras

You'll probably see more older models on sale since the announcement of the new XT-2 in July since people will want to upgrade so keep an eye on the used market

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brógeal

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼